Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Costco online prices are usually higher than in-store prices. Additionally, you still pay shipping on quite a few items. So you get hit twice.

I recently bought some Ferrero Rocher chocolates (48 ct) for Christmas:

* In-store -- $14.99 - $3.80 sale

* Online ---- $17.99 - $3.80 sale + $3.00 shipping

The final online price is 54% higher. Ridiculous. The crazy thing about the shipping is it's $3 per item. Order 3 and shipping is $9. The free shipping threshold for this item is $75.

This is why I rarely order anything online. My last online purchase was a year ago and only because the store was out of stock.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:48 AM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Best Buy Early Black Friday Deals -- exp 16 Nov @ 11:59 pm CT

Quote:
Early Black Friday Deals for Everyone

Then, starting Monday, Oct. 30, early Black Friday deals will be available to all shoppers. That means shoppers can expect to see deals on all their favorite tech – from laptops and TVs to headphones and small appliances – even before they’ve bought the Thanksgiving turkey!

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-17-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 03:23 AM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Costco Holiday Savings -- exp 12 Nov

Quote:
Pricing shown is warehouse pricing. Most items available online for a delivered price.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-01-2023 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:12 AM   #64
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I belong to both but think Sams is preferable for shopping online for everyday things. I like Sams because the premium membership ($110) includes extended "members only" hours and most everything shippable ships for free.
Sam's Plus used to include all items shipped for free. They have since changed that. Less expensive items now have a shipping fee.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 05:52 PM   #65
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Since the battery has swollen on my Moto E6, I'm looking for a cheap Android phone to replace it, even though it still works. (I worry about charging it like that.) It has to have a 3.5mm audio jack, other than that I just need to run Spotify and online banking for the rare occasions I need to deposit a check for Dad to his account.

I've thought about looking into getting a repair shop to replace the battery, but I suspect it'll be cheaper to get a new phone, so I'm keeping an eye out for a deal. The Moto only cost me $25 anyway.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 08:12 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Since the battery has swollen on my Moto E6, I'm looking for a cheap Android phone to replace it, even though it still works. (I worry about charging it like that.) It has to have a 3.5mm audio jack, other than that I just need to run Spotify and online banking for the rare occasions I need to deposit a check for Dad to his account.

I've thought about looking into getting a repair shop to replace the battery, but I suspect it'll be cheaper to get a new phone, so I'm keeping an eye out for a deal. The Moto only cost me $25 anyway.
My brother's E6 had the same issue 3 months ago. It was cheaper to get a new battery for $12.50 since similar phones were going for $40~$50 and up. That battery is now $16 and others range in price from $12~$16.

But, since this is BF, cheaper Android phones in the $20~$30 range are possible. I'm tracking these phones and will post any good deals.
Old 10-31-2023, 01:18 AM   #67
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thank you for your input, everyone!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 02:50 PM   #68
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My brother's E6 had the same issue 3 months ago. It was cheaper to get a new battery for $12.50 since similar phones were going for $40~$50 and up. That battery is now $16 and others range in price from $12~$16.

But, since this is BF, cheaper Android phones in the $20~$30 range are possible. I'm tracking these phones and will post any good deals.
Did that include someone doing the replacement? I don't think I can do it myself, too hard to get the case open.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:17 PM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Did that include someone doing the replacement? I don't think I can do it myself, too hard to get the case open.
The battery isn't too difficult to replace on your own. If you decide to go this route, I can walk you through it step-by-step.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-31-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:31 AM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club November Instant Savings -- ad scan -- exp 22 Nov

Quote:
Sam's Club November Instant Savings Sale Event is Live!

Sam's Club has started their November Instant Savings Event with hundreds of deals throughout the site on household essentials, furniture, electronics, toys, grocery, sporting goods, apparel and more. This sale runs through November 22nd. You can browse the ad scan for this sale here.

Free shipping is included with some of these deals although most require a Plus membership to get free shipping. Club pickup is also available (free with a Plus membership). Non-members can get a heavily discounted membership by taking advantage of this Groupon deal - memberships start at just $20!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sam.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	204504  

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-03-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:28 AM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals” Are Back

Quote:
With Major Savings and Early Access Shopping for Walmart+ Members

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 1, 2023 — Black Friday is back, and Walmart’s highly-anticipated “Black Friday Deals” events will offer customers incredible value with the best savings of the season. This year, Walmart will spread cheer throughout November with two “Black Friday Deals” events and wrap a month of incredible savings with an exciting Cyber Monday event. Walmart+ Early Access will give Walmart+ members a jump-start on the hottest deals, allowing them to shop Black Friday, and for the first time Cyber Monday, events three hours earlier than the scheduled start times for each event.

Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals” events kick off soon, with many moments for customers and Walmart+ members to save big:

* Event 1 (Deals begin online Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 3 p.m. ET and continue in stores Friday, Nov. 10): Walmart+ early access runs 12 p.m. ET – 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 8

* Event 2 (Deals begin online Wednesday, Nov. 22 at 3 p.m. ET and continue in stores Friday, Nov. 24): Walmart+ early access runs 12 p.m. ET – 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Nov. 22

* Cyber Monday (Nov. 27): Walmart will wrap the month of incredible savings with its Cyber Monday event, including Walmart+ early access to all deals – a new benefit for Cyber Monday this year.

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-17-2023 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:40 AM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I would like to know if there is any offer about Kindle Unlimited.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 01:09 PM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Membership Offers -- YMMV
  • Walmart+: $49/yr (50% off) -- exp 08 Nov @ 2:59 pm ET -- new members only

• Sam's Club Club: $20/yr (60% off) -- limited time -- new members only
  • Sam's Club Plus: $60/yr (45% off) -- limited time -- new members only

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-08-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:40 PM   #74
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The battery isn't too difficult to replace on your own. If you decide to go this route, I can walk you through it step-by-step.
I thought the phone was glued together, but now I see the back is clipped on thanks to you telling me it's easy to replace. I'll snag a battery then, I can do that. I just couldn't pull off opening it up if it was glued.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:10 PM   #75
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I would like to know if there is any offer about Kindle Unlimited.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote