Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-10-2023, 01:29 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Best Buy 48-Hour Flash Sale -- exp 11 Oct @ 11:59 pm CT

Quote:
48-Hour Flash Sale: From Oct. 10-11, Best Buy will have a 48-Hour Flash Sale with hundreds of deals on some of the best tech, from TVs and laptops, headphones and smartwatches, to electric transportation and more.
Quote:
Best Buy 48-Hour Flash Sale is Live with New Tech Deals

Best Buy is competing with Amazon today with their 48-Hour Flash Sale. Best Buy says you'll find "hundreds of deals on some of the best tech, from TVs and laptops, headphones and smartwatches, to electric transportation and more."

Best Buy offers free shipping on all orders to My Best Buy members (free to sign up). For Plus and Total members, October is Member Month which means exclusive deals for those members. In some cases these deals are lower prices on the flash sale deals.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-30-2023 at 03:17 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:39 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Prime Big Deal Days -- exp 11 Oct @ 11:59 pm PT

Quote:
Prime Big Deal Days: Starting October 10 at 3 a.m. EDT, Prime Big Deal Days will offer some of Amazon’s best savings of the holiday season, exclusively for Prime members, including millions of deals worldwide and even more deals than last year’s October holiday kick-off event. Prime members can come back often to shop items with new deals dropping as often as every five minutes during select periods throughout the event across a wide selection of products with fast and convenient delivery options. Customers who are not yet Prime members and want to get the most out of Amazon can join or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primebigdealdays.
Quote:
Amazon's Prime Big Deal Days is Live for Prime Members!

Amazon's 48-hour Prime Big Deal Days sale is now live with thousands of deals exclusively for Prime members. Not a Prime member? Check if you're eligible for a free trial. Former members have reported being offered another free trial.

The sale features deals on tech (including lowest-ever prices on Amazon's devices), home, kitchen, apparel, toys, video games, sporting goods and much more. Look for limited time Lightning Deals all day long as often as every 5 minutes.

Check out our dedicated Amazon deals page for all of the best deals we're finding from the sale. That page will be updated all day long during both days of the sale.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-30-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2023, 05:59 PM   #33
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I realized I needed a few things earlier today and luckily they were all on sale. Always nice to save money on stuff I need.

Picked up a wooden charging station thing, sans charger (I don't want some no-name multiport charger, not worth the risk of frying my phones & tablets), an Anker 5-port charger & a six pack of one foot cables to go with it. That'll let me neaten up how I'm storing some seldom-used older tablets.

Now, if they only had new backs on sale, I'd be snapping one up ASAP.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:20 AM   #34
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I Picked up a Therabody Wave Solo vibrating Massage Ball today from the Amazon sale today. As a companion to our Theragun Elite. I also picked up a second Wave Solo and an Ekrin 365 for our son. These massagers are quite nice. All were on sale. I almost bought a NoCo Genius 10 car battery charger on sale, but I held off on that hoping it might be even cheaper on Black Friday (I already have a decent-enough car battery charger, so another one is not an emergency). I bought a bunch of miscellaneous stuff for our daughter too, but none of it was on sale. The things she wanted were all cheap, so even if on sale they might have only saved a few dollars each. Not enough to worry about.

I'm on the lookout for a Rigid brand tire inflater to be put on sale. I would prefer to buy it at Home Depot, even though Amazon sells it, currently for $15 cheaper than Home Depot. However, you get free lifetime service, parts and repair of the thing if bought at Home Depot - that's a big plus. So I will be checking for Home Depot Black Friday sales.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:36 AM   #35
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Kindle (2022 release)

– The lightest and most compact Kindle,
with extended battery life,
adjustable front light,
and 16 GB storage
– Black

$74.99 (25% off)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SWW583J
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #36
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I bought a couple of things from my wish list that were discounted for Prime members, which means I signed up for a Prime free trial, so I'm back in Amazon's clutches. I am still debating ordering the new 11-inch Fire tablet--I know I want it, but I may decide to wait till Black Friday, when I expect the price will be the same.

It's kind of fun being a Prime member again, though it didn't help a whole lot on shipping--one of my items won't arrive for a week!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:30 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I bought a couple of things from my wish list that were discounted for Prime members, which means I signed up for a Prime free trial, so I'm back in Amazon's clutches. I am still debating ordering the new 11-inch Fire tablet--I know I want it, but I may decide to wait till Black Friday, when I expect the price will be the same.

It's kind of fun being a Prime member again, though it didn't help a whole lot on shipping--one of my items won't arrive for a week!
Say it ain't so

My Prime ends early next month, then it's adios. I'm gonna take the $139 I'm saving and buy me a toy from a store other than Amazon.

So far, none of these stores have had anything worthwhile. We'll see what the coming weeks will bring.
Old 10-11-2023, 04:45 PM   #38
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Kindle Paperwhite (8 GB)

– Now with a 6.8" display
and adjustable warm light
– Black

$94.99 (32% off)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KTZ8249
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:56 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Say it ain't so

My Prime ends early next month, then it's adios. I'm gonna take the $139 I'm saving and buy me a toy from a store other than Amazon.

So far, none of these stores have had anything worthwhile. We'll see what the coming weeks will bring.
I might go for one month's paid membership after the free trial ends; that would bring me past Black Friday, so I can take advantage of any good deals then. I don't see myself paying for an annual membership, though.

ETA: I ordered the 11-inch Fire tablet, but not without difficulty. Two seconds after I placed the order, I realized that I neglected to change the shipping speed from Amazon Day shipping (a full week away), and tried to cancel and reorder. I couldn't do that, nor could customer service either change the shipping speed or cancel the order. Which is crazy.

Last edited by Catlady; 10-11-2023 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I might go for one month's paid membership after the free trial ends; that would bring me past Black Friday, so I can take advantage of any good deals then. I don't see myself paying for an annual membership, though.

ETA: I ordered the 11-inch Fire tablet, but not without difficulty. Two seconds after I placed the order, I realized that I neglected to change the shipping speed from Amazon Day shipping (a full week away), and tried to cancel and reorder. I couldn't do that, nor could customer service either change the shipping speed or cancel the order. Which is crazy.
Signing up for one or two months of Prime ($14.99/mo) during the two Prime Days is worth it, if the savings are more than the cost of Prime and better than the prices at other stores.

I've never done the Amazon Day thing. If I'm paying for Prime Delivery, then I expect a faster delivery time.
Old 10-12-2023, 03:34 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Final Day

Holiday Sales are still active at Sam's Club and Walmart. Both sales end later tonight.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:41 AM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Signing up for one or two months of Prime ($14.99/mo) during the two Prime Days is worth it, if the savings are more than the cost of Prime and better than the prices at other stores.

I've never done the Amazon Day thing. If I'm paying for Prime Delivery, then I expect a faster delivery time.
Amazon Day was the default. I knew it, and had changed it on my order the previous day, but just forgot on the tablet order. I have used it occasionally for an order of multiple items.

Signing up for the Prime free trial saved me an extra $20 over the sale prices.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:00 PM   #43
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Now through November 30, Amazon Fresh is offering $50 off on $100 order with promo code FRESH10. It's apparently not limited to Prime members: "Offer only valid for invited Amazon customers who have received this offer directly from Amazon through email or online display advertisements." The $100 order also qualifies for free delivery.

I didn't get the email, but saw the offer displayed on the Amazon Fresh page. I just used it, and I am a happy camper!
Old 10-12-2023, 01:13 PM   #44
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
All of my items had Prime shipping scheduled to arrive next week. It's like they decided to cancel the 2-day shipping benefit for their Prime day sale.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:25 PM   #45
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I ordered a few small items for my daughter. The delivery estimate was "tomorrow". Then I clicked on her address as the ShipTo, not mine, and the delivery estimate jumped to "3 weeks" and "free returns" dropped off. She lives in Hawaii, so I do expect longer ship times, but from one day to three weeks? Come on Amazon, it's only about an 8 hour flight from the west coast to get there.

For the items I ordered shipped to my address, it is a week ship time. And we have three major Amazon distribution centers in our metro area, one is only about 5 miles from my house. But this "Prime Shipping" may just be a bad benefit due to the sale. Most of the stuff I order is here same day (if I order in the morning) or next day at something ridiculous like 4am. So I really can't complain about that. Some things do take longer though. Prime Shipping is not what it used to be (except in my special case surrounded by distribution centers, and only for items that are in stock locally - which is quite a lot actually).
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote