Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Amazon UK spend £XX get £Y credit

I have been seeing click here offers on various book pages for a few days but they just gave me "bad link"

Now I got a good one XX=£15 YY=£5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21579382031

Happy Shopping!
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am seeing banners with a new date. 7th Jan but clicking gives weird results

However the above link works
Advert
Old 11-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I just had a banner ad pop up for £5 credit when I spend £15. And when I clicked on it, it says "activate". However, the banner ad says "by Nov 29", but doesn't say when the start date is/was. And when I click on the "T&Cs" link, it doesn't lead to the T&C's. So the offer is a little bit unclear. But I do have a couple of UK books I've been wanting, that don't go on sale like ever, so I'm still happy to see the offer.

@Little.Egret's link below is still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I have been seeing click here offers on various book pages for a few days but they just gave me "bad link"

Now I got a good one XX=£15 YY=£5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21579382031

Happy Shopping!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 08:36 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard

I think the start date was 18 November.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:47 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Offer Activated
the banner says "Spend £15 by Nov 29 on Kindle ebooks get £5 back"
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2022, 11:21 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I happened to be buying Kindle ebooks today.
I can't see how this "offer" works.
I don't see any refund.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:19 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately, the link to the T&Cs seems to be broken (or at least it is for me). But the way these "Buy XXX Get YYY" offers usually work is that you buy at least XXX of Kindle ebooks during the specified period, and then shortly thereafter a credit appears in your account, which you can then use on FUTURE purchases of ebooks. So it's not an immediate discount.

In the past there has been a lot of discussion about whether the discount is worth it or not. Without opening up all of that discussion again, I'll just say that YMMV. IMO, if you buy enough Kindle e-books that both earning and using the credit won't be an issue, it's nice to get any discount at all. (This is me usually .) But also IMO, if you end up having to go through contortions to find enough books you want to buy to make up the XXX amount, and then more contortions to find enough more books to use the YYY credit on, then you may want to think it through a bit.

And although for most folks, the credit seems to appear pretty quickly after you spend the XXX, sometimes folks don't get the credit. So it's a good idea to take screenshots of the offer, and then the screen that shows you activated it, in case you have to contact customer service to get it.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I happened to be buying Kindle ebooks today.
I can't see how this "offer" works.
I don't see any refund.

Last edited by sufue; 11-26-2022 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I only buy what I want to buy and regard such offers as a sort of Loyalty Bonus.
I'd only buy multipack for a discount at the supermarket or fuel store if it was a quantity I'd buy anyway. I was annoyed this week the the supermarket only had Stout (Guinness, Murphy, Beamish) in multipacks and we only use part of one can to make the Christmas puddings!

Thanks sufue

Occasionally, mysteriously, I've been offered a discount on a Kindle eBook with some comment due to my purchases, yet the discount isn't on the List I have of kindle ebooks I might buy or on any other ebook I'm looking at. Strange company.

Last edited by Quoth; 11-26-2022 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:08 PM   #9
Little.Egret
Wizard

Well it worked, I got my credit but in a mysterious way.

I had spent £12.53 on 5 books. The credit was shown on my next book £5.69 => £0.69
Old 11-27-2022, 07:59 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I think it might have started earlier than it appeared, because I also got my credit before I thought I had earned it. Who knows...at least I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Well it worked, I got my credit but in a mysterious way.

I had spent £12.53 on 5 books. The credit was shown on my next book £5.69 => £0.69
Old 11-27-2022, 09:14 PM   #11
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I think it might have started earlier than it appeared, because I also got my credit before I thought I had earned it. Who knows...at least I got it.
Who knows indeed since my previous purchase was October 31
Old 12-16-2022, 03:30 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just activated a spend £15, get £5 credit. It runs from December 16th to December 31st 2022:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21612023031

The £5 credit is good until 31st January 2023, so just a month.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-17-2022 at 07:26 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:18 PM   #13
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

And Amazon UK seems to be at it again - I just activated a buy £15, get £5 offer with dates of Jan 16 - Jan 31. Which seems slightly odd since this is Jan 26, which is sort of late in the game. But since they indicate (as usual) in the T&Cs that you can activate any time during the offer period, I don't know that it matters.

Oh yeah, and mine showed up as a banner ad - I didn't get an email.

Here are the FAQ for the offer:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get my Kindle Book credit?
Prime customers receive their Kindle Book credit after activating the offer and spending £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books between January 16, 2023 to January 31, 2023 (in one or multiple transactions). You must activate your offer by clicking on the marketing banners any time during the offer period in order for your purchases to count.

What if I haven't activated the offer?
If you have landed on this page without clicking on the offer email or offer push notification sent by us directly to you or without clicking on the offer banner on Amazon.co.uk, please click here - Get offer, wait for this page to reload and start shopping for Kindle Books.

Which Kindle Books count towards the offer?
Any Kindle Book that you purchase on Amazon.co.uk during the offer period will count, including Kindle Book gift orders, bulk Kindle Book orders, and pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. Activation can occur at any time during the offer period. Pre-orders that are fulfilled outside of the offer period are excluded from this offer.

When is the offer period?
The offer period is between January 16, 2023 to January 31, 2023.

When do I get my credit?
Your credit will be automatically applied to your account within 4 days after spending the specified amount on any one or more Kindle Books. We will notify you via email once your credit has been applied to your account.

How do I use my Kindle Book credit?
Your £5 Kindle Book credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle Book purchase. Any Kindle Book sold on Amazon.co.uk is eligible for this credit.

When does my Kindle Book credit expire?
Your Kindle Book credit expires at 11.59 PM (BST) on March 2, 2022.

And here are the T&Cs:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Terms and Conditions
• This is a limited-time offer. The offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Redemption Steps: To receive the promotional credits, you must: (1) activate the offer by clicking on marketing banners at any time before 11.59pm (BST) on 31 January, 2023 and (2) spend £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books before 11.59pm (BST) on 31 January, 2023.
• Within 4 days of completing the Redemption Steps, the promotional credits will be attributed directly to your customer account and automatically applied to your next qualifying Kindle Book purchase. You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
• The promotional credits will expire at 11.59pm (BST) 30 days from the activation date of the offer. You can view your available promotional credit balance on any Kindle Book detail page. Confirmation that the promotional credit has been applied to a Kindle Book purchase will appear on the Order Summary Page. You will not need to enter a promotional code during checkout for the promotional credit to apply.
• The offer only applies to eligible Kindle Books sold by Amazon Media EU Sàrl at the website www.amazon.co.uk (the “Website”). The offer does not apply to Kindle Books sold on other Amazon websites.
• Use of the promotional credit requires an Amazon.co.uk account and acceptance of the Amazon Kindle Store Terms of Use.
• Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of an Kindle Book after the promotional credit is applied to that title.
• The promotional credit will not reduce the price of the items to which it is applied, though it will automatically reduce the amount you pay.
• This offer is only to customers located in the Great Britain, Guernsey, Jersey, Gibraltar, and Isle of Man.
• If any of the Kindle Books purchased using this promotional credit are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the Kindle Books. The promotional credit will not be available for re-use. All refunds are subject to applicable Amazon refund policies.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers or other promo codes.
• If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
• This credit can be used on multiple qualifying Kindle Book titles, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of 5.00 GBP.
• Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
• Each promotional credit has no cash redemption value.
• Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused promotional codes or promotional rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.

And if you want to try the link to the "Activation Page", no idea if it's general, or tied to me being logged in, but here you go: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21579382031

Have fun everyone!
Old 01-27-2023, 02:50 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks. The activation page activated the offer for me. Now to decide whether to take it up....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:44 AM   #15
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Oh good, nice to know it wasn't tied only to me. Although I suspect that one would still need to be "eligible" based on whatever inscrutable unexplainable irrational algorithms Amazon has going...