Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #2761
Linuxguy
Linuxguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 WiFi 0G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
How is it that you didn't know you had purchased a Kindle with Special Offers?
It is not like Amazon hides it, it is always in the description with the price.
I received it years ago as a gift and never ever connected it to the internet, so I never got any ads thus I didn't know I had that one.
Linuxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #2762
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Anyone else using the SS hack to show the last screen with only a small overlay?
Very nice feature — it’s nice to see what page you were reading last without waking the device.

A bug report though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat4 View Post
If the device go to sleep and the last viewed page was in landscape mode then the screen has been garbled. Is it a known issue?
The “last screen” doesn’t work if the kindle is in landscape mode. It just shows a garbled image. This is version 0.24.N.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #2763
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kleinjar: On which Kindle model (& FW version) is that?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:17 PM   #2764
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kleinjar: On which Kindle model (& FW version) is that?
Oh, this is a PW2 with FW 5.6.5.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #2765
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, confirmed (on a PW2 @ 5.9.7).

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it, though, as it's technically not "my" bug, but a quirk of how the internal screensaver module is handling hardware rotations .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 AM   #2766
dipeste
dipeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzar View Post
I had to recently re-install all my mods as my Paperwhite updated on me.

KUAL launches fine, LibrarianSync works fine (so Python is working), and I can get ScreenSavers Hack to "preview current ScreenSaver" correctly.

It is currently in "Covers" mode.

However, when I turn off the screen, all I see is what was last shown on the screen.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:
Fixed it.
Solution: use latest snapshot from the thread that keeps getting linked *eyeroll at own stupidity*
The same thing happens to me since I upgraded to firmware 5.10.3, I have the cover mode, but it only shows the last page. How did you solve it exactly?
dipeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:24 AM   #2767
biro
biro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipeste View Post
The same thing happens to me since I upgraded to firmware 5.10.3, I have the cover mode, but it only shows the last page. How did you solve it exactly?
My Kindle PW2 updated to 5.10.3 too and cover screen saver stopped working. When kindle is in sleep mode it shows the last content on the screen.
I opened this thread looking for solution and carefully read what Kanzar said.
Then i installed kindle-linkss-0.25.N-r15828.tar.xz from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
My version was kindle-linkss-0.24.N.zip (the one uploaded in the first post).
So far it is working perfect as before.
biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #2768
anaglyphx
anaglyphx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
New Oasis coming

Hello,
I've had Kindles in the past and jailbroke them all with ease so I could customise screensavers.

I am receiving the new Kindle Oasis tomorrow. I've never had an Oasis device. Been looking through the forum and it looks like it can't be jailbroken. Am I wrong?

I will know the serial number when I unbox tomorrow, I just wanted to be ready to jailbreak it as soon as it comes!
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Appreciate it.
anaglyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #2769
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaglyphx View Post
Hello,
I've had Kindles in the past and jailbroke them all with ease so I could customise screensavers.

I am receiving the new Kindle Oasis tomorrow. I've never had an Oasis device. Been looking through the forum and it looks like it can't be jailbroken. Am I wrong?

I will know the serial number when I unbox tomorrow, I just wanted to be ready to jailbreak it as soon as it comes!
Appreciate it.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x_Jailbreak
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292337
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #2770
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Hello,

Appreciate it.
If it arrives with firmware above 5.9.0.6 there is no jailbreak yet.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #2771
anaglyphx
anaglyphx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If it arrives with firmware above 5.9.0.6 there is no jailbreak yet.
Thank you both!
anaglyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #2772
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Hello,

Appreciate it.
If it comes with higher firmware than 5.9.0.6, please don't write anything to the device yet and PM me. We might be able to extract new factory firmware from it. Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 PM   #2773
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So, where do we actually find covers for the PW4?

I've been doing some digging and can pull my 600x800 screensavers on my Kindle 3 Keyboard (I had 340 of them apparently in the screenshots folder.....I just now, after 8 years, read that there is an image limit of 100? that stinks, though I never noticed after all this time. Why?) but all the sites I can find for "kindle screensavers" are dead and gone or only are 600x800. According to the instructions, that wont work here, and will cause issues on my PW4.

I guess I can google "1072x1448" resolution screensavers...hrm.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #2774
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
So, where do we actually find covers for the PW4?

I've been doing some digging and can pull my 600x800 screensavers on my Kindle 3 Keyboard (I had 340 of them apparently in the screenshots folder.....I just now, after 8 years, read that there is an image limit of 100? that stinks, though I never noticed after all this time. Why?) but all the sites I can find for "kindle screensavers" are dead and gone or only are 600x800. According to the instructions, that wont work here, and will cause issues on my PW4.

I guess I can google "1072x1448" resolution screensavers...hrm.
IIRC, imagemagick is installed on your Kindle, either by the factory or as part of the screensaver package.
How to size (or re-size) images to fit a different screen has been post here multiple times.
Meaning: You can rescue your 340 images.

In your other post, I read that you have volunteered to be the forum editor.
That is good, we haven't had editorial direction in this forum for years.

PS: Have you checked our Wiki?
Popular information posted here ends up in the Wiki, where anyone (even forum non-members) can edit the contents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #2775
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
With 186 pages, no one's gonna read every page trying to find stuff like that. That's ultimately the OP's job (or someone else's, like ping a mod to edit the OP's post or w/e and they can edit and put the info there). Maybe browse the last 10 pages, search the forum, wiki, then post I think.

Though I do some light documentation at work, I'm not sure I'd do that here, lol.

Good idea on the resize. I know there's some apps out there that could do a mass resize, but going resizing up is almost always junky. I'll continue looking though. I didn't see anything on the wiki at first glance, so maybe I missed it if it's there. Sidenote, kind of bummed about the 5 minute timer on editing one's own posts....

For other content: https://kindlepaperwhite.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Gvaz; 05-29-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch