Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
DrData
DrData began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook
Just joining

Hi Folks,

I bought a Nook Color a week ago and have been reading and experimenting ever since. I have had some luck in rooting my nook, but what seems to happen repeatedly, after a couple days of good running is that my nook gets stuck on the first letter O in COLOR and reboots reboots reboots .....
I found one post that had the same problem, and he attributed it to a FLASH update. Whether that's true or mot, I don't know.
I have a nook 1.2. I ran manualnooter 4.6.16.zip on it. I'm not sure of the terminology - I have seen so many terms, none of which look like DOS or Windows. But I know a LOT more today than I did a week ago. What I really would like to find is "Nook" or "apk" for Dummies so I can get some foundational knowledge.
I do statistics for a living, not app development, but am always interested in learning new stuff. Any pointers would be appreciated.

DrData
DrData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi DrData and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in our Nook section.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Welcome to the mobile boards, DrData..
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert