Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
jeannieju
jeannieju began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
National Geographic promised, where is it?

The last two times I have updated, (8.3 and 8.6) the 'new news sources added' has listed National Geographic. I don't see this in the list yet in any language. I haven't been successful with adding recipes, so I must wait for someone to add to the list. Thanks, Jeannie
jeannieju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm seeing it in English, German and Romanian in version 0.8.6. I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your news list but hopefully someone can help you get it sorted.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieju View Post
The last two times I have updated, (8.3 and 8.6) the 'new news sources added' has listed National Geographic. I don't see this in the list yet in any language. I haven't been successful with adding recipes, so I must wait for someone to add to the list. Thanks, Jeannie
It is right below NASA (appropriate ) in English. The Icon is a faint Yellow frame.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
jeannieju

below nasa, my next choice is npr...I show 235 english of 531 total avail. after npr is national review online, then nature news....
Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieju View Post
below nasa, my next choice is npr...I show 235 english of 531 total avail. after npr is national review online, then nature news....
For some reason this list isn't updating for you, see attached.

Maybe someone else can suggest why this is occurring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newssources.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	73324  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only reason I can think of for that is if at some time in the past you copied the resources folder into the config directory to customize some icons or something like that?

You sure you've updated calibre? The version number is at the bottom of the main calibre screen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
jeannieju

yes, the updates were showing. I finally just uninstalled it, (the repair tool didn't change it) and re-installed. I suddenly have a lot more sources to choose from. No idea what could have caused it to only do partial updates, but it is working now. thanks, everyone.

No, I haven't tried to change anything... wouldn't know where to begin, even if I wanted to.

Tags
national geographic, new news source