Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
QT4 Working!!!

Yesterday, I decided that I really wanted KeePassX on my iLiad. It's a cross-platform program for keeping track of usernames/passwords for different websites. The problem is that it's written in QT4, which the iLiad does not include. I've never used QT before, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I had some problems compiling both QT and KeePass, but after some workarounds and hacks, I've got it working on my iLiad!

Right now, the font is almost too small to be usable, so I'll have to play with that. Also, packaging may be a pain, but we'll see how it goes. I'm elated that I've been able to get this far. Very, very cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keepass.png
Views:	636
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3664  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Thumbs up

How nice Adam! This is good news.

Also, I'm very very interested how did you managed to compile Qt to iLiad, since some time ago I did a try and I've been not able to.

Did you used the Qt 4.2 libs or Qtopia? How did you managed the Qt X libs dependecy lack?

You're great, man
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

I used the QT 4.2.3 package.

I am, however running into the same problems that you did with libc. I was able to get all of the libraries compiled, but couldn't complete the builid process with some of the tools (qtconfig, etc). It works, and I can compile some programs against it, but it's not an ideal solution without the full QT Library.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Anyway you did the trick.
Congratulations, I feel like soon we will see Qt apps ported by you
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
adam if you are searching for an app, for guard the user/pass you can try revelation.

and congratulations for this new port ;-)
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Well, I got qtconfig to compile (had to use an old version, mix libraries, lots of fun ). Changing the font size has no effect. The font style and family is "fixed". This leads me to believe there's a problem with QT finding fonts on the iLiad. Perhaps I need to work with fontconfig...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Well, I got qtconfig to compile (had to use an old version, mix libraries, lots of fun ). Changing the font size has no effect. The font style and family is "fixed". This leads me to believe there's a problem with QT finding fonts on the iLiad. Perhaps I need to work with fontconfig...
"fixed" is the only bitmapped fiont installed in the iliad (and it is because X refuse to start if it doesn't have that).

Somehow you're not using the "client-rendered" ttf fonts that are installed. Perhaps bad paths in your compilation of fontconfig or in freetype... or whatever QT4 uses.

If you launch dillo, and then your app, you will see a lot of bitmapped fonts available. The dillo launch script registers some 100dpi fonts so that dillo, which is only able to use bitmapped fonts, can show reasonable nice web pages.

Hope that helps.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

That did it! Once again, you save the day.

You guys can expect the first QT app release soon.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You guys are great!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
slaks
slaks began at the beginning.

Device: irex
Compiling QT4 tutorial

It will be very useful if you provide some tutorial and tips how to compile QT4 on iLiad for beginners

Slava
slaks is offline   Reply With Quote