Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2024, 12:39 PM   #46
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I think they only need your Kobo email address, not your Kobo account password. They'll send you a link and a redemption code to type in.
Thanks.
If the redemption code can only be used once, then it's ok. Similar to buying it as a gift for someone.

If anyone would like to purchase the bundle, PM me.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:05 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The thing with DeDRM is that you end up with ePub and not KePub. So you have to choice of where you read your eBooks. ePub is a much better format for archiving then KePub.
Jon, Jon, Jon... do you ever think about the possibility that you should test any of your claims? If you use DeDRM to remove DRM from an ePub file with the <span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.2.2"> spans found in a kepub, they will not be removed. If the file already had the kepub.epub extension that will not be changed.

As for your claim about needing an epub to read where you want, a kepub is an ePub with added spans. Those spans are do nothings to an ePub renderer. You can read a kepub on a Pocketbook and not notice any difference from reading the ePub version.

The only noticeable difference between a .kepub.epub and .epub is that a Kobo ereader will open the former with it's WebKit based ePub3 renderer while the latter will be opened with RMSDK. Since no other ereaders use this scheme, they will open the .kepub.epub as a .epub.

For what little it may be worth, the ModifyEpub plugin for calibre will strip those spans if you find them so offensive.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Jon, Jon, Jon... do you ever think about the possibility that you should test any of your claims? If you use DeDRM to remove DRM from an ePub file with the <span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.2.2"> spans found in a kepub, they will not be removed. If the file already had the kepub.epub extension that will not be changed.

As for your claim about needing an epub to read where you want, a kepub is an ePub with added spans. Those spans are do nothings to an ePub renderer. You can read a kepub on a Pocketbook and not notice any difference from reading the ePub version.

The only noticeable difference between a .kepub.epub and .epub is that a Kobo ereader will open the former with it's WebKit based ePub3 renderer while the latter will be opened with RMSDK. Since no other ereaders use this scheme, they will open the .kepub.epub as a .epub.

For what little it may be worth, the ModifyEpub plugin for calibre will strip those spans if you find them so offensive.
With the extended driver, you can convert the ePub to KePub if that's what you want. ePub makes a better archive format then KePub. I'm not claiming to use DeDRM on KePub. I'm saying to use it on ePub.

If you are going to edit the eBook, then ePub is a better format to do so. And the KoboTouchExtended driver will conver to KePub no problem.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-22-2024 at 02:36 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:54 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
The thing with DeDRM is that you end up with ePub and not KePub. So you have to choice of where you read your eBooks. ePub is a much better format for archiving then KePub.
Quote:
With the extended driver, you can convert the ePub to KePub if that's what you want. ePub makes a better archive format then KePub. I'm not claiming to use DeDRM on KePub. I'm saying to use it on ePub.

If you are going to edit the eBook, then ePub is a better format to do so. And the KoboTouchExtended driver will conver to KePub no problem.
Once again Jon, please explain why ePub is a better format to edit though that differs from your claim about it being a better format for archiving. And please note that some of the ePubs downloaded from Kobo using the download menu's generated .acsm file already have the extra spans, etc. typical of a .kepub.

Do you need a special editor for a .kepub.epub file? Oddly, both Sigil and calibre's e-book editor seem to have no issues with opening them. Do you get confused by the extra spans?

So Jon. please don't just claim that ePub is a better format for archiving or editing, supply some objective evidence that those are statements of fact and not just your opinions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:19 PM   #50
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Only a couple of days left. If anyone wants to purchase the bundle, but is blocked, PM me and I can send it to you as a gift. I'll accept PayPal for reimbursement.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:29 PM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Only a couple of days left. If anyone wants to purchase the bundle, but is blocked, PM me and I can send it to you as a gift. I'll accept PayPal for reimbursement.

I'm going to pass on your offer, but I want to acknowledge your kindness and say 'Thank you'.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discworld