Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
ParaplegicRacer
ParaplegicRacer began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre (Linux), Moon+ Reader (Android)
Здравствуйте!

New MobileRead member, here, though I've been following some threads for years as a guest. I work on ships and have lots of downtime aboard, so I read a lot. While I prefer to read on dead trees, a digital library is really portable so I made the leap in 2010.

Softwares:
- Moon+ Reader on Android
- Calibre on Linux

I try like hell to avoid proprietary book silos like Nook and Kindle. Sometimes, though, there is a title which can't be found outside a silo and I have been known to purchase from there. Surprisingly often, once I provide a receipt to the author and nicely request a non-encumbered file, I get one. :) Those people, I love.
ParaplegicRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi and welcome to MobileRead. What kind of books do you like to read?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
ParaplegicRacer
ParaplegicRacer began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre (Linux), Moon+ Reader (Android)
Mostly, I'm a swords-n-sorcery or hard-sci-fi nut. In the last couple of years, I've been getting into historical fiction, though.
ParaplegicRacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old newbie