Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Error during install - Help please

Please can anyone help me?

Heres whats happening. I decided to have a go at installing CM10.1 on my Nook HD+. I have been using these instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500

I used a brand new 16GB sd card (bought from a reputable store, not off eBay).
I went through the instructions step by step but when it was backing up the data I got an error message saying there wasnt enough space to complete the back up.
I took the SD card out and checked it in my PC and was very surprised to see it reading as only 4GB. I have formatted the card and checked it is Fat32 but it still only reads as 4GB.
So I went out and bought another 16Gb Lexar Sd card. I triple checked in my PC that it was reading as 16GB before starting the process all over again and the exact same thing has happened.
So now I have 2 brand new 16GB sd cards that think they are only 4GB and I cant install CM10.1. These are not cheap cards that are fakes. They were expensive, genuine cards from a major retail store.
Whats going on?

Update. I was able to get the SD cards to go back to their original capacity using SDFormatter software. I tried starting the process all over again and after using Win32DiskImager to write the 4GB image to SD card, I checked the card and thats when I can see the capacity has changed.
So, I started with a newly formatted 16GB card, and after writing the 4GB image to it, this is what the cards properties say:

File System: Fat32
Used Space: 6.07MB
Free Space: 3.66GB

Capacity: 3.66GB

Last edited by Chapter One; 11-16-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Use the alternate method of making a CWM bootup/recovery card as described here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613

You only need to read the first post, part 1, up to and including "New procedure" (1a). I think it's much easier than the method where you burn an image and it preserves the full capacity of your micro sd card. Just remember that when you go to set the partition as active in the MiniTool Partition software, to click "Apply" (top of window) after selecting the option in the right-click context menu. Many people forget to do that.

After making the card with the "New procedure," then go back to the original "Dummies" thread and use those instructions the rest of the way.

The reason the first method only gave you 4gb of space to use is because you were burning a 4gb image to it. They should make that limitation clear, but I guess it's assumed one would automatically know.

I've used the "New procedure" several times for both my HD and HD+ and have never had problems flashing mods or making backups with it.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 11-16-2013 at 08:00 AM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Thank you for your reply PatNY. I did manage to sort it all out. I started all over again, only where it says in the instructions to choose 'Backup' and chose 'Backup to SD card', (my wording might be wrong, it was a late night and my brain is fuzzy).
My HD+ is now running CM10.1, and all seems to be working perfectly so far. Now I just need to familiarise myself with everything and customise it all to how I like it.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote