Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2022, 09:01 AM   #16
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
polish translation

As we had a new firmware version released I hoped that something changed in polish translation of the interface but after a quick glance at the menu I believe that nothing changed.
So the question is: is it safe to load to the device my fixed translation from the previous firmware version or is it better to do it from the scratch? And if the latter then what is the way to get the current qm file from the device?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
As we had a new firmware version released I hoped that something changed in polish translation of the interface but after a quick glance at the menu I believe that nothing changed.
So the question is: is it safe to load to the device my fixed translation from the previous firmware version or is it better to do it from the scratch? And if the latter then what is the way to get the current qm file from the device?
Current qm: https://krc.storage.pgaskin.net/nick...anslations.zip.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2022, 04:28 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a way to patch ePub so hyphenation works with the text left justified?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 05:50 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
New patches in this version:
- jackie_w: KePub stylesheet additions - word-spacing
The KePub word spacing patch is great. Thank you @jackie_w.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #20
Clem2605
Clem2605 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Libra H2O, Boox Tab Ultra C
Hi!

Thank you so much for kobopatch, it's very useful!

I'll just tell you that in the section of the patch allowing to change Wikipedia search language, the description says to modify the 'en' in the lines below, when in fact it is an 'es'.

It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm a perfectionist and I'd want someone to tell me, so here I am!

Have a good day!
Clem2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #21
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
My Forma got stuck while installing the patch. It shows "Updating, do not turn off", and the power button light is blinking for about an hour. Is it bricked?
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:44 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
My Forma got stuck while installing the patch. It shows "Updating, do not turn off", and the power button light is blinking for about an hour. Is it bricked?
Before you installed the patches, did you make sure you were running 4.33.19608? If not, you will have to reset your Forma.

Here are the directions to reset the Forma.
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...Kobo-Libra-H2O
Old 06-10-2022, 05:38 PM   #23
mzel
Connoisseur

I am sure it was the right version, but I ended up doing a factory reset anyway. All the way to 4.13. Not sure the issue was.

Thanks anyway!
Old 06-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #24
mzel
Connoisseur

second attempt of installation went through just fine. I checked all the steps and see no difference with the first attempt. Still do not know the issue was, but at least I am back to stable ground
Old 06-11-2022, 10:55 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Old 06-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #26
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello,

Please forgive me if it has been discussed already and I missed it, but I just wanted to know if the following issue was fixed:
https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMenu/issues/111

It's related to the Invert Screen toggle that no longer works after firmware 4.26.16704 (which I am still using).

It a crucial feature to me and I unfortunately can't upgrade my Forma anymore since Kobo decided to change the way this feature is handled.

Do you know if it's gone for good, or if there is still some hope?

PS: I can of course help testing or trying to adapt if needed, but per the github issue, seems out of my skills.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Hello,

Please forgive me if it has been discussed already and I missed it, but I just wanted to know if the following issue was fixed:
https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMenu/issues/111

It's related to the Invert Screen toggle that no longer works after firmware 4.26.16704 (which I am still using).

It a crucial feature to me and I unfortunately can't upgrade my Forma anymore since Kobo decided to change the way this feature is handled.

Do you know if it's gone for good, or if there is still some hope?

PS: I can of course help testing or trying to adapt if needed, but per the github issue, seems out of my skills.
You need to ask in the NickelMenu thread and also read the entire thread.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #28
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You need to ask in the NickelMenu thread and also read the entire thread.
Yep, I have read this, but the goal was to stay away from Nickel Menu, Plato, Koereader and other stuf... My preferred option still being a "simple and invisible" patched firmware

Thanks anyway!
Old 06-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Yep, I have read this, but the goal was to stay away from Nickel Menu, Plato, Koereader and other stuf... My preferred option still being a "simple and invisible" patched firmware

Thanks anyway!
I would still say to install and use NickelMenu. I don't apply any patches either but NM is just there and survives any / all updates.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:36 AM   #30
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I would still say to install and use NickelMenu. I don't apply any patches either but NM is just there and survives any / all updates.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yep, I think I'll give it a try. For now, playing a bit with Koreadear and Plato to see, or if I just stick with a "barebone" Nickel Menu.

Thanks for the heads up!

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching