Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #1
vila
vila doesn't littervila doesn't litter

Device: KT2, PW2
Question What is the latest kual supported kindle Paperwhite/oasis?

Recently my PW2 broke after years of almost daily use, so I started looking online to buy a new one.

After searching for a while I couldn't find a list online of each kindle generation and their latest firmware version.

I would like a kindle model which is old enough that it doesn't get updated anymore and with a firmware below 5.14.2 for jailbreaking.

What do you recommend?

thank you for reading
vila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:51 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Why not get a newer model with a jailbreakable firmware and install the KUAL extension that blocks updates by renaming the OTA update program files?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:47 PM   #3
Freshmaker
Bookworm
Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle PW5, PW4
Here is the list from Amazon that shows the latest firmwares. It's the first result on Google if you search for "kindle firmware"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW

If you want a modernish device that won't update, Voyage is probably your best bet. You can get a used one for around $50 on Unclaimed Baggage. However, I agree with j.p.s. that you should probably just get a new model and block OTA updates using the renameotabin extension.
Freshmaker is offline   Reply With Quote