Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-09-2022, 06:49 PM   #76
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 2.5.0 - 09 May 2022
- Need to change dup search due to Calibre change to not search on punctuation.
- Add 'Stop wireless device connection' option.
- Update translations
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 04:02 AM   #77
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Request, if feasible: The option to have SmartEject run a 'update cached metadata' before ejecting. Sometimes when marking books as read, I forget to do this and thus they remain in the 'to be read' collection on my Kobo.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 10:57 AM   #78
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calling 'Update cached metadata on device' launches a background job and I wouldn't want SmartEject to eject after that finishes some indeterminate time later--assuming I could even watch for the end of it, which I don't know how.

All of the other actions are conditional--are there unsync'ed lists and do these searches return anything.

I'm not aware of anything SmartEject can check to know if the cached metadata has been updated already.

So there would have to be a confirmation dialog like SmartEject shows for unsync'ed lists etc asking you if you want to continue to eject or update metadata, but you'd get it every time and you'd have to remember to so 'yes' once and then 'no' later.

Or I suppose SmartEject could remember whether you'd already asked it to update metadata recently. But that wouldn't catch if you'd changed anything during the 'recent' time window.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:09 PM   #79
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Request, if feasible: The option to have SmartEject run a 'update cached metadata' before ejecting. Sometimes when marking books as read, I forget to do this and thus they remain in the 'to be read' collection on my Kobo.
Another idea: Could you use a Reading List to manage marking books read and configure it to sync to the device? Then SmartEject could use the existing check for RL lists needing sync.
Old 01-28-2024, 06:05 PM   #80
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Re-send the book to device every time I want to mark it as read? I'm not sure if there's a setting I missed in RL that lets you sync without re-sending.

Interestingly, part of my mark-as-read action is removing it from my TBR list, which clears 'To Be Read' from #kobocoll.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 06:15 PM   #81
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

My reading work flow already does that, basically. So I don't consider it an issue.

Much less of an issue than a Yes/No dialog every time you eject, anyway.

Tags
calibre, eject