Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Buy a 1000 Base and turn it into a 1000 S?

Since the only difference between the 1000 and the 1000 S seems to be the lack of a Wacom pen, why would I not just buy the 1000 base, save 100 Euro, and buy a Wacom pen later (which retails at around 30-40 Euro)?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I don't think it's the pen, I think it's the TABLET that senses the pen.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The pen just reflects the signal from the Wacom screen, so just using a Wacom pen on 1000 wouldn't work, just as the stylus from my tablet PC is blithely ignored by a regular laptop.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
My first car came with a radio without a clock. I saved money by not buying the clock. Pretty funny when you think about it. At the time the clock might have been the highest tech gadget available. In any case every now and then when I turned on the ignition the image of the clock appeared. It seemed as if the clock chip was never removed. They probably never enabled it.

I suppose the Wacom guts is expensive and isn't really present. But what if it is there and all one needs to do is enable the function.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm pretty sure that they'd charge you for it if it were there, I'm under the impression that they cost a fair bit. Besides, the case on the 1000 probably doesn't have a slot for a stylus either.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I don't think it's the pen, I think it's the TABLET that senses the pen.
Yup. There is a Wacom sensor board installed directly behind the screen. The board generates a magnetic field, but does so only when the stylus is detached from its cradle. A resonant circuit in the stylus receives the magnetic energy and uses it to transmit a signal back to the sensor board, which reads the pen's location, angle, and speed atop the screen.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote