Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
ravenwing4u
ravenwing4u began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone, Ipad
generic book cover

Hey there! In an earlier edition of Calibre there was a generic type book cover which added a title and author plus the calibre book shelf. I'm adding some new items and cannot seem to be able to get it to work for me again.

Thanks in advance.
Sheila
ravenwing4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That happens when you convert the book to EPUB and dont specify your own cover and dont have No default epub cover in your conversion options checked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
ravenwing4u
ravenwing4u began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone, Ipad
Thanks for the quick reply when so I looked up under Conversion-epub and no boxes are checked. However when I tried again to add a story with no cover it pulled a random cover from my other books and put it in place.
Thanks,
Sheila
ravenwing4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
By the way, is it possible to have your own default cover picture instead of the Calibre bookshelf? I.e. have a generated cover with the title, author and your chosen picture?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can simply replace the library.png file in the calibre installation folder, then it will use that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert