Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelad View Post
How easy is it to develop a gaming application for these units?
I'm not sure, since I've not gotten a pointer to the SDK. But at any case I expect its only a certain genre of games that can be developed on these devices owing to the refresh rates of e-Ink. IOW, only games that don't involve graphics and animation. Typically turn based games like chess or the ones like soduku etc.. Given that there are quite powerful chess engines for mobile phones, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to get one for these devices as they are not as restricted as mobile phones in terms of compute power.
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are games like chess available for many eBook readers - eg Pocketbook and Onyx/Neo.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert