Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #121
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Found it can I post the link?
IIRC the last time someone posted a link to it a mod deleted it since the author has pulled it from his site.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #122
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Scott Westerfeld's The risen empire is not only military sci-fi, but there is a fair amount of it in the book.
The book is told from many character's point of view, from soldiers to generals involved in the military action going on, to senators involved in the politics leading to it, to denizens of the other human civilisation there are conflicts with.
A very good book in my opinion.

Also, I saw some people in this thread wondering how to find which books were in which series, and in which order. I want to mention that librarything.com implemented a 'series' feature that is quite good from my experience.
If we take Ender's game as an example:
http://www.librarything.com/series/Ender's+Game
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #123
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post

Also, I saw some people in this thread wondering how to find which books were in which series, and in which order. I want to mention that librarything.com implemented a 'series' feature that is quite good from my experience.
If we take Ender's game as an example:
http://www.librarything.com/series/Ender's+Game
Aye, and you have the covers too. I'm more inclined to Fantastic Fiction because you can see all the authors series listed in order on one page. But I do like librarything.com
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #124
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
Aye, and you have the covers too. I'm more inclined to Fantastic Fiction because you can see all the authors series listed in order on one page. But I do like librarything.com
Thanks for the link, this does seem useful.
I use librarything not as much for the series feature as for the feature providing the title of a book in different languages. It's not perfect but it's the most useful site I've found to find the original title of some books translated into French.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote