Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #496
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staangette View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and to the ebook world, but I LOVE my Kobo glo I got for mamas day this year! It's been fantastic!

Right up until I did the update to 2.6.1 which my kobo did automatically. Now...despite all I do..auto connect...add manually...soft reset...it WILL NOT connect to wifi!!! ANY WIFI!!! Mine, work, my neighbors (she has one and tried to help!)

I don't know what to do?! Factory reset will lose my books...is there ANYTHING I can do?!?!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks y'all!!!
If you purchased the books from the Kobo bookstore and they were downloaded over wifi or using the Kobo desktop app to your Glo, they should be re-downloaded after the factory reset. If you sideloaded the books to the Glo's internal storage and don't have copies on your computer, you can alway copy them to your computer before the factory reset. If the sideloads are on a uSD card, they should not be affected during the factory reset. One other item to copy to your computer before the factory reset is the authorization.xml file in the .adobe-digital-editions directory. Copy it back afterwards and your Glo will still be authorized without having to use up one of your Adobe authorizations. While they are good about resetting the usage counter, it's an annoyance to have to call them when you run out of authorizations.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #497
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps do a hard reset and see if the wifi works again, then try the upload again.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #498
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and to the ebook world, but I LOVE my Kobo glo I got for mamas day this year! It's been fantastic!

Right up until I did the update to 2.6.1 which my kobo did automatically. Now...despite all I do..auto connect...add manually...soft reset...it WILL NOT connect to wifi!!! ANY WIFI!!! Mine, work, my neighbors (she has one and tried to help!)

I don't know what to do?! Factory reset will lose my books...is there ANYTHING I can do?!?!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks y'all!!!
Have you tried to log out and in your account? It will reset the database, but should keep your books on the ereader.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #499
Staangette
Staangette began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have tried the logout and in. No go. All of my books were purchased or free from kobo. I will try the factory reset.

Thank you so much. You all have been a big help!
Staangette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #500
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo

Last edited by robko; 07-04-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Already answered
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #501
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Is it possible to actively re-place previously dismissed (or other) tiles on the Aura homescreen?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #502
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe all that would be needed is to manually edit the SQL database on the Kobo. You would want to edit the Activity table and change the Enabled column for the tiles you want to display from false to true.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #503
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Hi everyone!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks y'all!!!
What do you see when you go to settings>wifi connection>Edit Wi Fi networks: If you have a long list of networks you might want to delete those that might conflict with the one you are trying to connect to.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; Also check that your date and time are set correctly.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-14-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #504
luckycharms
Connoisseur
luckycharms began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-650, iPad 1, iPhone 4S
Now that I've updated to 2.6.1, I'm seeing a number of tiles on the homepage of my Glo that just say "Downloading". When I "click" on one, it says "Error loading reader! Sorry, we couldn't find a reader for this type of content." Any idea what's going on here?
luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #505
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms View Post
Now that I've updated to 2.6.1, I'm seeing a number of tiles on the homepage of my Glo that just say "Downloading". When I "click" on one, it says "Error loading reader! Sorry, we couldn't find a reader for this type of content." Any idea what's going on here?
I have seen that error once. And it was due to a corrupt sideloaded book.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #506
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms View Post
This usually means a book has been removed from the database on the device without removing the entry used for tiles. I don't know if you are using calibre, but when the tiles interface came out, calibre wasn't doing this when you deleted a book. I fixed this a few versions ago.

I don't know of another way that this happens. You can get an error similar to what you are seeing when you open a book if it is corrupted. But, in that case, you usually see a cover image on the tile.

At this point, I would dismiss those tiles and wait to see if any come back. If they do, we can look at the database to see if there is anything strange in it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #507
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This usually means a book has been removed from the database on the device without removing the entry used for tiles. I don't know if you are using calibre, but when the tiles interface came out, calibre wasn't doing this when you deleted a book. I fixed this a few versions ago.

I don't know of another way that this happens. You can get an error similar to what you are seeing when you open a book if it is corrupted. But, in that case, you usually see a cover image on the tile.

At this point, I would dismiss those tiles and wait to see if any come back. If they do, we can look at the database to see if there is anything strange in it.
I have had this happen several times on the Aura. usually after I sent a fair number of books. Unfortunately it doesn't say what the books are.

I leave the tiles in place and they come and go. Sometimes it just says new instead of downloading.

I keep meaning to track this down by deleting/re-adding books in chunks or simply re-adding, but haven't got around to it.

It being a database problem makes some sense as I have had no trouble opening any books unless I try to open them via the downloading icon.

From my experience the tiles will come back, but who knows for sure if they are referring to the same books. They all look identical. I have had as many as 6 on the home screen, but have had no errors when opening books.

Using regular driver, not kepub driver.

Helen
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #508
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have had this happen several times on the Aura. usually after I sent a fair number of books. Unfortunately it doesn't say what the books are.

I leave the tiles in place and they come and go. Sometimes it just says new instead of downloading.

I keep meaning to track this down by deleting/re-adding books in chunks or simply re-adding, but haven't got around to it.

It being a database problem makes some sense as I have had no trouble opening any books unless I try to open them via the downloading icon.

From my experience the tiles will come back, but who knows for sure if they are referring to the same books. They all look identical. I have had as many as 6 on the home screen, but have had no errors when opening books.

Using regular driver, not kepub driver.

Helen
I tracked the problem down to doing more then just sending a large number books. If your doing multiple things with calibre is when it is most likely to be an issue for this type of behavior.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #509
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sorry. I tend to do a lot with calibre and have never had issues like you claim happen with multiple actions in calibre.

If you can reproduce this with logs then please supply them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #510
speakingtohe
Wizard

When I first got the Aura in April, I sent about 500 books. Two of them said new and gave an app error.

Second time I sent 73 books at once and may or may not have been doing multiple things.

It doesn't really bother me as I tend to ignore the home screen, but maybe I should run a database check or something. Delete my database and log on to the dreaded Kobo website?

I don't think it is a calibre problem but I don't actually know obviously.

Helen