Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #31
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayScore View Post
kindlekitten, Thank you for the welcome. Can I say that a useful thread should never be closed. This was the thread that appeared high up on google when I searched, so it should be maintained.
No, it really shouldn't... it's confusing. The initial thread was about a Kindle 1. Your concern is about a Kindle 2, which does not have a replaceable battery or a pinhole reset in the back.

There are good reasons to start a new thread rather than revive a 3 year old one.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #32
JayScore
JayScore has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JayScore has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JayScore has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
whitearrow. No, it really shouldn't... it's confusing. The initial thread was about a Kindle 1. Your concern is about a Kindle 2, which does not have a replaceable battery or a pinhole reset in the back.

Your opinion, definitely not mine. I have searched for information endlessly on the web, and found posts and threads years old. AND, massively importantly, those threads that were maintained open contained posts that were years apart but which finally offered a solution - and a solution is exactly and only what seekers seek. The original question was old, yep, but that does not mean that everyone has moved on from that program/hardware/OS. And so, those much later posts will be very much welcomed by those STILL seeking an answer to the original post. You are probably not aware that there are hundreds of thousands of people still using Windows 95, billions still using Windows 98, hundreds of billions still using XP - think on.

Until about 2 years ago, I made regular use of DOS. True. My system was then Win98. Win98's Sort was/is wrong, and so I had to drop into DOS in order to achieve a correct Sort. Not everyone is doing what you do in the same way you do it. Some of us are working outside the norm. Keep everything for as long as is practicable.

K1, K2, K3, it does not matter. All information has value. Despite what the experts say, some things are not so very different, and one suggestion often leads to the thinking of a different approach, despite different hardware/software. This I can attest to because I have been around these computer things since before the PC was first sold. Trust me. You are so wrong.

(And I would very much like to know, why are so many of you younger peeps so hung up about where posts are posted. Stop being so uptight, so anal. When I was your age, I would not have given a toss if someone posted a question in a "wrong" thread. It's just communication, for hmpf sake, calm down. Have a drink. Dork.

Sorry, you are wrong. Keep old threads for at least a decade, and allow them to be added to. This will Help people, your choice will only hinder.
JayScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
try to find a K1 and look at it before reading someone the riot act. they are EXTREMELY different devices. white arrow speaks correctly. this would just confuse someone. if they need K1 information, they can search on it separately.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #34
kennedygo
kennedygo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Unhappy Dead Kindle

My kindle just did the samething. I called AMAzon and they wouldn't replace it without putting ANOTHER $189 on my credit card. they would not allow me to ship it back at my expense!!!! RIPOFF!!!!
kennedygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #35
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedygo View Post
My kindle just did the samething. I called AMAzon and they wouldn't replace it without putting ANOTHER $189 on my credit card. they would not allow me to ship it back at my expense!!!! RIPOFF!!!!
How old is it?
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #36
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Why would they charge you $189 to replace a kindle 3? New ones don't cost that much.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedygo View Post

I think we need more information:

What reason did they give you?
How old is the unit?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #38
GiBraiNe
GiBraiNe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.3 Jailbroken
When Amazon replaced my kindle, they charged me the new one. But then I got a refund three days later. I sent the damaged kindle paying the delivery, and later Amazon gave me another refund for the total of the delivery cost!. If your kindle is still in warranty, may be the same, they need to charge you to send out the new unit, but you will be refunded later.
GiBraiNe is offline   Reply With Quote