Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Angry tired of my edge

I did an update it fixed the youtube problem for an week and now its not working at all. My browser keeps crashing.
I was thinking of downgrading to dingo because at least before the upgrade my browser was not crashing I could at least surf the net. If two of the major parts of the edge don't work it is not worth the cost.

Does this seem like a good solution to this problem? school is starting soon I need my edge to be working.

thank you for any help
tasha
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TASHAGIPSON View Post
...I was thinking of downgrading to dingo because at least before the upgrade my browser was not crashing I could at least surf the net...tasha

The golden update will take you back to dingo, but will, reportedly, wipe out all installed apps, docs and the like. Ensure you get the correct golden as there is one for the EE and different one for the PE.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
krewskater
krewskater began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle 3
Have you tried installing Flash 10.1? Have you also tried running a different browser such as Dolphin or Firefox?
krewskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
TASHAGIPSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewskater View Post
Have you tried installing Flash 10.1? Have you also tried running a different browser such as Dolphin or Firefox?
i have 4 other browsers they all crash they did not before the update
where do you get flash 10.1? I looked on amazon and the adobe website i did not see it
thank you
Old 08-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
krewskater
krewskater began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle 3
I'm sorry to hear that as for flash it can be found at http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...10.1.61.68.apk
krewskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The Edge does not support Flash Player. As far as browsers, have you tried Opera Mini 6? I have an EE and it is the most stable browser. I haven't had a single crash using it. xScope is also really good. Try changing the User Agent to iPad in xScope for best results.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I have multiple browsers on my EE and they all occasionally crash. If I needed to rely on browsing (for me the crashes are an inconvenience but no big deal) and did not need Android 2.2 for apps I would go back to Dingo. Your e-ink side should function fine (maybe a tad slower and without the rotate function) and the native browser should be stable. You will only have the K9 email, but I doubt that's a stopper. Just be sure your apps will run with Android 1.6 and that you've backed everything up!

Good luck, and I hope you make friends with your eDGe again!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #8
TASHAGIPSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewskater View Post
I'm sorry to hear that as for flash it can be found at http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...10.1.61.68.apk
Thank you for the link
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #9
TASHAGIPSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The Edge does not support Flash Player. As far as browsers, have you tried Opera Mini 6? I have an EE and it is the most stable browser. I haven't had a single crash using it. xScope is also really good. Try changing the User Agent to iPad in xScope for best results.
I have opera mini 6. It crashes just as much as the other browsers, but thank you for the suggestion. do you have a link to xscope because i look in the amazon store and slideme and did not see it.

tasha
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #10
TASHAGIPSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I have multiple browsers on my EE and they all occasionally crash. If I needed to rely on browsing (for me the crashes are an inconvenience but no big deal) and did not need Android 2.2 for apps I would go back to Dingo. Your e-ink side should function fine (maybe a tad slower and without the rotate function) and the native browser should be stable. You will only have the K9 email, but I doubt that's a stopper. Just be sure your apps will run with Android 1.6 and that you've backed everything up!

Good luck, and I hope you make friends with your eDGe again!
Thank you for the advice. Can you explain what the rotate point of the e ink side does and where it is located. Is this landscape mode? Also can I still get the amazon app store once I downgrade.

Two more question if I downgrade to dingo could I use mobile youtube as a work around for the app not working if not is there any alternatives I can use with dingo. I would like to use youtube with a downloader for when I don't have internet access.

2. I noticed if the app is not working then the the youtube downloader does not work is there any downloader I can get once I downgrade that I can use with the mobile website if this is an option.

I really want to go back to liking it. it is a little too heavy for me to only be able to write on the e ink side

for any help you can give me