Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
Calibre Catalog Creation & Kindle 3. What am I missing?

Hello. I'm new to Calibre and think it is genius. The catalog feature is very nice. I run Calibre 7.27 on a Windows Vista 64 machine, and transfer books to a Kindle 3. Hank you in advance for any help.

I think I am missing a VERY basic step. When I first set up my Calibre Library, I loaded about 800 books and set up about 70 tags. Generated a catalog. GREAT. Since then, I have moved books off the K3 to edit metadata and put them back on, acquired new books, etc. The problem is that the catalog is perfectly sorted by Genre, then Author (and Series within each Author) UNTIL the more recently edited / acquired books, or the ones on which I had edited the tags, which follow the initial batch in the catalog. A - Z, then B, etc. within the Genre portion of the catalog only. The rest sorts perfectly.

I must be doing something wrong with the tags from which the Genres are created. I have added, edited and deleted tags to try to fix this.

I have tried to re-sort by Author, and by Title before generating the catalog, have deleted the catalog on the Kindle and in Calibre and re-generated it from scratch, tried leaving Calibre after editing and before generating the catalog, in case that does something to refresh the database. None of this worked. It feels like I am missing a re-indexing step somewhere, but I can't see what that is.

I think I am missing something very simple, but what is it?
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hello GG and welcome to MR. How are you removing books from Calibre?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Have you had a look in the Calibre Forum on here?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote