Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #31
NewDay
Connoisseur
NewDay doesn't litterNewDay doesn't litter

Device: iPad
OK, seems the issue is an iBooks one. Add too many items (of any level) to the toc and it's anybody's guess what the toc will actually come out looking like.

So I streamlined the toc by making everything Level 1 and folding the Recipe Finder in with the chapter title, e.g. Breakfasts (with Recipe Finder), Lunches (with Recipe Finder), and so forth. Same function, less prolix. Fits on one page, too.

I just sent this puppy live. Probably sleep better tonight.

Keep the faith, fellow adventurers!

NewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #32
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
That's a good compromise. Have you got square eyes yet? I've just done a book with 94 recipes in it and they all borrow from one another so the book links to them from the TOC and a Recipe Page and each recipe to other recipes. I even put the glossary and another chapter that lists all the ingredient items in it. So the iBook TOC can handle many items in the list without breaking.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #33
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Yes, it is a real hit and miss kind of process this epub creation... not helped by dodgy CS releases...and the lack of decent learning material out in the internets...

Welcome "wannabee" from another Australian... you'll find a heap of good information here...
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #34
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
Yes, it is a real hit and miss kind of process this epub creation... not helped by dodgy CS releases...and the lack of decent learning material out in the internets...

Welcome "wannabee" from another Australian... you'll find a heap of good information here...
You betcha' Adjust . . . I landed a job as an eBook maker. I had never made an eBook. The day before the interview I devoured as much of this site as I could and made an ePub during the interview. No one else who applied had made an eBook either but they weren't game to jump on the PC during the interview. Got the job thanks the this forum. Still learning new tricks. Mainly from this forum and members links. Worth it's weight in ePubs.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
NewDay
Connoisseur
NewDay doesn't litterNewDay doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Wow! Talk about courage!
NewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #36
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
You betcha' Adjust . . . I landed a job as an eBook maker. I had never made an eBook. The day before the interview I devoured as much of this site as I could and made an ePub during the interview. No one else who applied had made an eBook either but they weren't game to jump on the PC during the interview. Got the job thanks the this forum. Still learning new tricks. Mainly from this forum and members links. Worth it's weight in ePubs.
Nice going there wannabee...I've had plenty of help from people here, for sure...who you working for? hope it's working out for you.
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #37
wannabee
Media Bloke

A health organization with a stable of books that need to be made into eBooks. See my post. . .https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95975