Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Wall Street Journal - Mobile

Hi,

I read here in the past that the only way to recieve the WSJ was a paid subscription, well, here is a free solution.

http://206.130.125.67/wsj/

Discovered it a few weeks back but there was no content within the link.

It now appears to have gone "Live" and should impress those who have wanted a free solution.

Enjoy,

David
Old 07-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Does it still work after you posted the link here? Using Firefox, I don't see any articles.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
On my Treo I also only see the structure, not articles.
Interesting... they also say it's mobilized by Unified Mobility (www.UnifiedMobility.com), which claims their technology is responsible for the mobile editions of nat'l pubs and major corporations.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

I did check this yesterday before posting the link and the only section that was blank was the "Today's Newspaper" section.

Now, as the two of you have posted, it contains no info but the bones.

I apologize for getting people's hopes up but then I have seen other mobilized sites from Unified Mobility go thru stretches of the same and now are working as one would expect.

David
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hey, it would have been a really nice one. Reminds me a little of the way the old AvantGo screen looked, except less sections were available than this outline. Is there still an AvantGo page around for WSJ?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
TheSpike
TheSpike began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Platinum, Zodiac 2
[ nevermind ]
Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #7
embries
embries began at the beginning.

well, what if you have a subscription to the WSJ, but can't seem to find a decent way to put it on your device?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
embries
embries began at the beginning.

Well, I emailed UnifiedMobility and here's both my question and the response.

Quote:
RE: RE: WSJ.com Example.

We are working with WSJ to launch the premium version within the next few weeks.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin Crawford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:59 AM
To: info@unifiedmobility.com
Subject: WSJ.com Example.

Is this example part of an actual functioning product? It is perfectly formatted for my PocketPC, and much easier to navigate than the actual website. The only problem is that I'm an actual subscriber and would want access to all the content of the wsj.com.