Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some Issues Of Reported Lag With IOS7?

Just throwing it out there for awareness as I know the update is Wednesday but GM is what users will be getting then, right?

I will wait to update and see how things go before I go ahead with the download and install. While I am anxious, I rather be safe because if I upgrade and do not like what I experience I do not believe there is a way to get back to iOS 6.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Don't put too much trust into people using unofficially released software, especially when the MAJORITY of apps are still going through the review process. Most games need updated SDKs due to audio updates and other stuff. When apps are using deprecated APIs, of course it's going to give you nasty glitches. It's a GM release, yes, but by the time the new iPhones get to people's hands, we're already going to see an 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 update.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1637226

You will have over a month to go back to iOS 6. When new .0 updates come out, Apple usually leaves a pretty big gap before they stop signing builds. Use a tool called TinyUmbrella to save the SHSH signatures before moving to iOS 7 if you feel paranoid about it.

I haven't noticed any lag, but my status bar did vanish.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I find that my Mini is really sluggish on iOS7, and I plan to downgrade before the 18th. You can no longer depend on Apple continuing to sign for a month, I think they stopped after just a few days between 6.1.2 and 6.1.3.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I find that my Mini is really sluggish on iOS7, and I plan to downgrade before the 18th. You can no longer depend on Apple continuing to sign for a month, I think they stopped after just a few days between 6.1.2 and 6.1.3.
6.0 came out September 19, 6.1.2 was released on February 19, 6.1.3 a month afterwards.

The reason why they closed it pretty quick was due to the security risk.

If you save the signatures, there will be no problem going back to the previous version, except when it was screwed up last time.

Let's hope that this isn't the issue again.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

iOS 7 is really sluggish on my iPad 3. I just installed the released iOS 7 this morning. There seems to be a lot of lag between touching a button within apps and the execution of whatever function that button is related to.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've decided to keep my iPads at 6, and the phone can be on 7, though it doesnt really matter to me either way. I guess I like a relatively full-functioning stanza (Marvin is good but I'm a stanzaphile and thats that). Interestingly ShubookSE is now crashing in ios7 where it wasnt before. Just in certain circumstances, can't remember what they are... to do with settings, not reading.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm still seeing some minor lag time on my iPad 3, mostly when opening some apps. Not too bad though. I also installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and I don't see any lag time at all. Other than the aesthetics of 7, all is well so far, but I haven't had time to really test out battery life yet.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I talked to our IT guy at work about lag with ios7 and ipads. He said the way around that is to do a restore (do a backup first!) then update to ios7 and reinstall your backup (apps and data)
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
I find certain functions in specific apps are painfully slow; eg: Downloading ebooks from the cloud to my Kindle for iOS7.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
The keyboard seems to lag a little when changing to numbers on my iPad 3. Other than that I don't think I noticed anything. Oh, and the animations when opening or closing an app or a folder are a bit annoying and may give the impression that said action is slower. Not sure about this though.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Opening the new search spotlight is laggy every time for me on both iPad 3 and iPhone 4. There's a jerk and a shove -- iOS 7 sinking to the level of early Android releases. Android 4.3 is a lot smoother, more fluid than iOS 7. If a device released in the spring of 2012 fails to handle an OS released in the fall of 2013 optimally, that says something. (Not complimentary for Apple.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

As stated above, iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 doesn't have any lag at all, though it does have a little bit on the iPad 3. Apple made iOS 7 available to older devices even though they tend to show lag due to their outdated processors, but the latest devices seem to run it without lag. It makes perfect business sense to offer the new OS for use on some older devices, even though it will be slower. Apple should give people the option to upgrade older devices, but they should warn them it will be slower. And Apple should also make it easy to opt out of updating by allowing the user to prevent automatic download and annoying update reminders!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
And Apple should also make it easy to opt out of updating by allowing the user to prevent automatic download and annoying update reminders!!!!
I agree completely. And that's an improvement I was hoping for in iOS 7 (well it was a tiny hope at best) that didn't come.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #14
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I noticed a 7.0.2 is out. I'm wondering if that has helped with any of the lag people are reporting?
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I noticed a 7.0.2 is out. I'm wondering if that has helped with any of the lag people are reporting?
Not as far as I can tell.