Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
nutmeg4
nutmeg4 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, sony
Kobo ebooks storage

Hi
I haveI just downloaded Calibre program. It's a great program. One thing which I can't figure out how to get my books, (which are already in my Kobo,) onto the Calibre program so I know which I have read.

Spicefamily
nutmeg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
This Link should help you use Calibre program.
http://calibre-ebook.com/demo
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
With Epubs and PDF's you can just drag and drop from "Device" into "Library". If they are books that you bought and sync'd from Kobo you can't use Calibre for them. Unless you go to Kobo's website and download the Adobe DRM version and then remove the DRM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
With Epubs and PDF's you can just drag and drop from "Device" into "Library". If they are books that you bought and sync'd from Kobo you can't use Calibre for them. Unless you go to Kobo's website and download the Adobe DRM version and then remove the DRM.
Recent versions of Calibre allow you to export the kepub (kobo purchased books) to your library. The files remain encrypted but you are able to update the cover and use it to download annotations from the library.

I don't believe I have ever tested uploading a kepub to the device but if you are looking for a way to track your kepubs without actually downloading the epubs it might work well for you.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
nutmeg4
nutmeg4 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, sony
Thx. i will try these things.
nutmeg4 is offline   Reply With Quote