Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
New iLiad 1st edition for 405€: good deal?

I found a 1st version iLiad for 405€. Is it a good price or, considering it is 1st version, should I search for a lower price one?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Do you get any warranty ?
If so I would like to get one too :-) for that amount of money.
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Noone else wants to give me an advice? The device is new, so it has irex warranty.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
The only difference between V1 and the (so called) v2 is plastic and a slightly longer battery life.
But in the reference frame of the iLiad's battery life (which is hours) believe me, it makes no difference at all.

It's a great deal, I'd take it.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Buy it!
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
mcking
mcking began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad / Dell Axim X51v
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I found a 1st version iLiad for 405€. Is it a good price or, considering it is 1st version, should I search for a lower price one?

Ragdoll,

I would verify if the unit is still covered under warranty and that you don't buy a Chinese version (if you want to install own software you need shell access). See this thread:

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.p...ht=ids+chinese

I'm not sure how you can tell if it's a Chinese version though...
mcking is offline   Reply With Quote