Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Fashion statement

Brought my Kindle along to work to show it to a colleague since we had been discussing E-readers for a while. She was skeptic to say the least. A lover of slaughtered trees, and that is perfectly fine. Then she looked at the screen and the possibilities of turning it around and changing font sizes. She was getting a tad intrigued.

We opened Amazon's HP and there it was in all its splendor, with accompanying sales video and lots of pictures. She, however, clicked on accessories, and began to look at all the different covers and jackets. It didn't take long for her to excitedly exclaim: "I have to get me one of these" Not that she was seduced by the Kindle, no she wanted three or four, maybe even five, different covers to go with it. A true fashionista.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Ha well I know a lot of women like that! I'm not interested in clothes, make-up, shoes etc which is highly unusual in my female circle of friends/family but gadgets are something else - just find it hard to resist

But you have to admit Amazon did a nice job with the eye-candy covers this time round. Much more of a design statement.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Ye gods love 'em. Some women might well be introduced to the beauty of ereading through the reader's value as a fashion statement, chic and individual. Why not? That's fair enough. Like swish and glossy coffee table books, they'll at least be opened occasionally. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Accessorising is all part of the deal for me. I do this with covers for my iphone, I have different covers for my PRS-300 and have 1 cover, 1 case and one little hello kitty bag that I bought for my kindle so far. I was very happy to see the lighted cover for the kindle in hot pink (which I bought). The sony one is black and rather boring!
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
I represent the anti-fashionista women. My home made duct tape cover is my favorite Kindle accessory. But, I like my M-Edge touring sleeve, too.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
My home made duct tape cover is my favorite Kindle accessory.
Please post a picture!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Please post a picture!
My camera battery is dead, so I sat it on the scanner:

The straps are headbands with non-slip threads. They're pretty grippy.

The back is a little lumpy, but making it smooth made it bulky, so I settled for the lumps.

Last edited by trekchick; 09-04-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I love it! Karma to you!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
trekchick
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I love it! Karma to you!
Thank you! I don't have a good track record with arts & crafts, so I was surprised and pleased with final result.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Thank you! I don't have a good track record with arts & crafts, so I was surprised and pleased with final result.
Looks pretty cool actually - love the corner pieces! Just think what could be done with coloured tapes!

Love looking at homemade covers - anyone else care to share?
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Yeah, karma to you from here, too. Must admit, though, that being a kinda old-fashioned guy (old-fashioned is possible with e-readinf folk?), the swish and smelly flip-top leather cover I have for my 505 completes the reading experience. Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
Outstanding Work!
oggelbe2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #13
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Well that makes a statement for sure! Well done!

I accessorise gadgets, I'm afraid. They have to have little gifts to welcome them to my life!

My Kindle has a book light, a leather cover, and a padded case....

bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
She, however, clicked on accessories, and began to look at all the different covers and jackets. It didn't take long for her to excitedly exclaim: "I have to get me one of these" Not that she was seduced by the Kindle, no she wanted three or four, maybe even five, different covers to go with it. A true fashionista.
I know of a certain Kindle forum that would welcome her with open arms! She would be fully enabled there! And Amazon doesn't even carry the Oberon covers!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
I know of a certain Kindle forum that would welcome her with open arms! She would be fully enabled there! And Amazon doesn't even carry the Oberon covers!
yeah they do. not all the different designs but they have them.

I bought my 1st Kindle without being completely aware that covers existed. that was a K1 with the horrid Amazon supplied cover. then I discovered m-edge which is very nice THEN I discovered Oberon. other than formal occasions I had NEVER carried a purse before, but due to my Kindle in the Oberon cover I started to. I now have an Oberon portfolio, and journal as well as K1 and K2 covers. I am lobbying for an Oberon purse next.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote