Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Kobo application and MeeGo

Hi Kobo,

just wondering if you've got the MeeGo (netbook, tablet and handset UX) platform blinking in your radar of the platforms where you plan to port you application.

Thanks!
Aniello
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Hi Kobo,

just wondering if you've got the MeeGo (netbook, tablet and handset UX) platform blinking in your radar of the platforms where you plan to port you application.

Thanks!
Aniello
Definitely some blinking happening. JCKobo probably has more of an idea, but I'd hazard a guess that we'd probably need to have a good view of where that platform is going before we assign a whole team to it. It's all decisions... do we put a team on that? or do we put another team on Android?

Would be cool though.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
ANDROID! We need Android Bluetooth sync!
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Vidfreaky
Prog Rock Radio DJ
Vidfreaky began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I would say Android and iPhone WAAAAAY before anything else.

I know there's already a Kobo app on iPhone, I'm talking about wireless syncing over bluetooth.
Vidfreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
anidel
Zealot

The MeeGo platform is just at the beginning, but with the push of Nokia and Intel I am sure it'll go very far away.
Already many companies are adopting it.

Moreover Nokia has plenty of experience to bring on the table thanks to their own Maemo platform (I was and am a Maemo developer myself) that was merged with Intel's Moblin in MeeGo.

I really wish Kobo would jump on MeeGo. It's going to drive many devices from handsets (Nokia already said their N series smartphones will all run MeeGo!) up to Netbooks going through Tablets.

So.. why not?
After all you will mainly need to adapt the UI (I know it's important and requires some work, but the core work is already done).

Last edited by anidel; 07-09-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
anidel
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Would be cool though.
Definitely!

PS: have you guys though about opening up the Linux source code?

PS2: as a Maemo developer/believer/advocate, I really DO believe in the future of MeeGo.
I am sure in October, when the next major update is planned to be announced along with Nokia's new device and UX, we'll all see how powerful this platform is going to be.
It may not be a game changer, but it's open source root are more powerful that what many people believe.

Last edited by anidel; 07-09-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Ghoda
Enthusiast
Ghoda is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo, Kobo for iPhone, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreaky View Post
I know there's already a Kobo app on iPhone, I'm talking about wireless syncing over bluetooth.
I doubt that will ever happen as the iPhone runs a subset of the full bluetooth stack - I can't even pair the Kobo with my iPhone when I could with my WinMobile phone.

How about an iPhone cable that plugs into the Kobo?
Ghoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
anidel
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoda View Post
How about an iPhone cable that plugs into the Kobo?
If the Kobo had shipped with a MicroUSB cable, that we would be able to connect two MicroUSB-enabled devices to each other. :/

Tags
kobo, linux, meego