Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
The Losing Role | WWII Espionage Thriller

In the last winter of WWII a failed German actor, Max Kaspar, is forced to join an absurdly desperate secret mission in which he must impersonate an enemy American officer. So Max cooks up his own fanatical plan — he'll use his false identity to escape tyranny and war and flee to the America he'd once abandoned.

The Losing Role is based on an actual false flag operation during 1944's Battle of the Bulge that's been made infamous in legend but in reality was a doomed farce. In all the tragic details and with some dark humor, this is the story of an aspiring talent who got in over his head and tried to break free.

"Excellent dialogue, well-crafted characters, and enough dramatic tension to saw a Panzer in half." — Independent Novel Award, Best of 2010 (The New Podler Review of Books)

"Author Steve Anderson constructs a historical thriller in The Losing Role that should prove quite difficult to put down." — Midwest Book Review

"An excellent WWII espionage thriller that transcends the genre, making it a story that you don't have to be a history buff to enjoy." — The New Podler Review of Books

"This is a well-researched and fascinating book ... with a refreshing twist; it is told from the view point of a German soldier — and a likable one at that." — Man of la Book: Review

"The book does a marvelous job of showing the ‘fog of war’ wherein no one truly understands what is going on once the attack has begun. Finally, the book is fun." — Historical Novel Review

Indie 500 Booklist 2011
Indie eBook Hall of Fame
Independent Novel Award, Best of 2010
(The New Podler Review of Books)

Thanks! I hope you'll give it a look.

Happy reading,
Steve

About the Author
Steve Anderson is the author of The Losing Role, False Refuge and Besserwisser: A Novel. Anderson's novels mix crime, history, mystery, noir and humor, usually involving a determined underdog stuck between two worlds. Anderson has also written short stories and screenplays, and was a Fulbright Fellow in Munich, Germany. He's a big soccer fan and lives in Portland, Ore.

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 04-11-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Updated information
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
brendanl79
brendanl79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage x2, Onyx BOOX Note 3
Snagged! Thanks Steve
brendanl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Brendan!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that there's less than four days left to get The Losing Role for 99 cents on Kindle and FREE on Smashwords (coupon code CJ27G). Offer expires May 31.

After which it will probably creep back up to normal (though still cheap) indie ebook prices. This hustling stuff is wearing me out ; )

Thanks!
Steve
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
thanks Steve, it looks interesting! I have a summer trip coming up and my sony's going to get a lot of use as I read all the exciting books I've selected

(you have the same name as my cousin! popular name, i'm sure...)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
thanks Steve, it looks interesting! I have a summer trip coming up and my sony's going to get a lot of use as I read all the exciting books I've selected

(you have the same name as my cousin! popular name, i'm sure...)
Thanks much for the interest, GraceKrispy! I hope you enjoy the read.

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of us Steve Andersons -- it's a big club.

Steve
Old 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thank you for the free download. I hope to be the first to review it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
I've read two Steve Anderson books and they were both awesome. I'm guessing he goes three for three...
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #9
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
Thnaks for that, I have downloaded it & look forward to reading it.
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Thank you for the free download. I hope to be the first to review it!
You're welcome, DixieGal. Of course I'd love a review if you're game and hope you're the first, too

I like your signature too
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveconifer View Post
I've read two Steve Anderson books and they were both awesome. I'm guessing he goes three for three...
Thanks, Dave! I've read one of yours and can say the same -- I'm hoping to read more, including Man of Steel.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead231 View Post
Thnaks for that, I have downloaded it & look forward to reading it.
I appreciate it, Redhead231, and hope you enjoy it.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #13
Steve Anderson
Addict

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all you readers who took me up on my May promo for Kindle and Smashwords.

You helped push The Losing Role into Smashwords' Top 10 Fiction Bestsellers.

You really made my May! I appreciate it and hope you enjoy the read.

Steve
Old 07-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Just wanted to put up a quick note to say that I really enjoyed this book, and that I probably wouldn't have tried it without getting a shot at a freebie, since I didn't know the author.

Now that I do...I'm going to read his other books, and pay for them.

Losing Role is a very good character study, and those who like that type of book will enjoy this one a lot.

Anyone got a recommendation on which of Anderson's books to read next?
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I'll pick this up for $1.50 through Smashwords. I will read it next after I finish my Kindle book I'm reading now.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
espionage, fiction, historical, thriller, wwii