Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
roco
roco began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook and Calibre Content Server

I would like to set up a calibre content server for serving content to my nook. Is this possible today? and if not, what is going to take for this to become feasible?

I do not need this to happen over 3g (just wifi).
roco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Should be already possible The calibre content server automatically serves a simplified version of the library page if the browser user agent identifies itself as mobile. For example, many people use it to access their calibre libraries from the Kindle
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
roco

Right - But to my knowledge there is no place to type in a URL on the nook? Or am I missing something?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe the Nook has been hacked, to run a browser
Old 04-24-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
roco

Ok Now nook officially has a browser, but I cannot get it to open any of Calibre's content or even a calibre page without crashing my Calibre content server.

1. Can content server be stablized and made to recognize nooks browser?

2. How do I view Calibre content on the nook over wifi?
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As far as I remeber, the Nook browser is very limited and supposed to work only with pre-selected sites. Post the content server logs (get them from preferences->content server)
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As far as I remeber, the Nook browser is very limited and supposed to work only with pre-selected sites. Post the content server logs (get them from preferences->content server)
It works with most of the websites. I don't think there is any restriction as such. But, that's a moot point since they don't allow downloads.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Can't trook connect to the content server? This is part of the softrooted nook core packages.
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
This is frustating
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann42 View Post
Can't trook connect to the content server? This is part of the softrooted nook core packages.
no it is still broken. I'm waiting till it is fixed before I upgrade
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #11
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post
no it is still broken. I'm waiting till it is fixed before I upgrade
Current Trook (rev 68) works fine to Calibre 0.6.53.

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
6502programmer
6502programmer began at the beginning.

I'm confused what "works fine" means. I tried connecting trook to both /stanza and /odps, and while I can see the top level of each "by authors", "by news", etc, none of them seem to be live links, in that I can't drill down into them. I'm running softrooted 1.4, trook 0.68, and calibre 0.7.4?

Am I missing out on something? Ideally, I'd like to be able to browse/download, but I don't seem to know how to get that working. Any assistance you guys can provide a newbie would be appreciated. Thanks!
6502programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6502programmer View Post
I'm confused what "works fine" means.
No, I think you just missed this thread - note that the message you replied to refers to Calibre 0.6.53 - and is correct through 0.6.55 but 0.7.0 through at least 0.7.3 are incompatible with Trook rev68.

Richard
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
6502programmer
6502programmer began at the beginning.

Cool. So, all you have to do is hack out the compliant links in odps.py? Has anyone determined if you can just drop in a 0.6.x odps.py and have it work, or if there are extensive changes that will require some editing??

Sorry, I've been around the game long enough to know that the first question asked when looking for support is, "Are you running the current builds?" Thanks for the pointer re: versions!
6502programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6502programmer View Post
Cool. So, all you have to do is hack out the compliant links in odps.py? Has anyone determined if you can just drop in a 0.6.x odps.py and have it work, or if there are extensive changes that will require some editing??
Yes, just deleting the extra text so NAVLINK has the same type as LINK does it.

There have been lots of new things added to the 0.7.x server, so I personally haven't been interested in trying to roll back just the opds.py.

I'm more hoping that Kovid will reconsider providing a configuration option since it's becoming more obvious that plenty of programs didn't handle these links properly....

In the meantime I keep hacking my Calibre revs and hoping either the author or I get a "round tuit" to work on fixing Trook.

Richard