Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question calibre add new plugin ?

Trying to add a different plug in through calibre.
If I go to preferences - plugins and find one in the list there what do i do next?
Highlight it and nothing happens

Tried all 6 options at the bottom - enable disable - get new plugins - customise plugin - check for updated - get new plugins and load plugin from file
Nothing seems to work
What am I missing?
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
If I go to preferences - plugins and find one in the list there what do i do next?

Tried all 6 options at the bottom - enable disable - get new plugins - customise plugin - check for updated - get new plugins and load plugin from file
Nothing seems to work
What am I missing?
For me it's "get new plugins", then I select one in the list and click on "install". After that, depending on the plugin, it may needs some set up.

When coming from "preferences/plugins", the plugins you see listed are the ones already installed, if I'm not mistaken.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Nothing seems to work
What am I missing?
First of all Preferences: Plugins only shows installed plugins (from any source)

Preferences (The toolbar icon): Get plugins is for 'registered' (in the PI index at the top here) and is a simple select and click.

for unregistered PI, download the PI. LEAVE ZIPPED.
Use the load file button: Select Zipfile (that you had D/L)
after you exit preferences, restart Calibre (Ctrl-R will do)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
I am in the window of the pic I uploaded Click any button there and what you suggest does not come up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugins window.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	107111  
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I am in the window of the pic I uploaded Click any button there and what you suggest does not come up
that is the Preference:Plugins window (think manual-you do the work mode)
Assumes yo have a plugin you have down loaded in the 'Downloads' folder of your pc.

Click the Load from file button: Navigate to 'Downloads': <Select PI>: OK
Calibre reads the package and places the PI where it belongs.
Finish up and restart Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The Introduction to plugins sticky post at the top of the Plugins forum explains exactly how to load plugins.

Referencing the image you attached in post 4 here is the short of it.

If you have the zipped plugin file click the button on the lower right (Load plugin from file) and select the file. If the plugin you want is in the Index of plugins sticky post click on the button on the lower left corner (Get new plugins) and select the plugin desired and click install.

Restart calibre after install and you should be good to go. Read the Introduction to plugins sticky post for more details.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-18-2013 at 11:42 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote