Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
vean
vean began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
ereader not recognized

I need some help please. when I go into kobo to connect to my wireless touch ereader, should I not get open kobo file option (list) or something, but nothing comes up it just give option to cancel or connect. when i go into my computer (downloaded kobo desktop app), my reader does not show up and is not recognized. I downloaded Calibre and ereader does not show up in there either. could I of done something wrong? suggestions would be appreciated.
vean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You have to select CONNECT on the Touch eReader. It's only when you have made that selection that the Kobo will appear as a USB drive for either Kobo Desktop, ADE OR Calibre to see it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
vean

Thats what I am doing. I press connect, but nothing happens. It just seems to be charging at that point. tks for replying.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you using Windows? If so, when the Kobo is attached via USB and you have selected CONNECT, then does Device Manager show any devices as unknown?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
vean

I am using windows. Device Manager does not even show up
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Device Manager is found in the Windows Control Panel.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
vean

Problem solved. I was using the wrong usb plug. I had two usb's that look very much alike. Thanks PeterT.