Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 08-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #16
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Whoever created religion has done mankind one huge disservice. There have been more death in the name of religion then any other reason.
Proof that reading a lot doesn't always equal education. If you're going to knock someone's belief system--indeed all belief systems--try and use something besides a tired cliché. Using logic and statistics, it's fair to say that your statement is patently false. Bad English aside, people have been dying since the dawn of time. I would say "natural causes" trumps "the name of religion" in the big picture any day. You could substitute many reasons for "natural causes" in that last sentence and have a good chance of being logically correct as well. Pad your post count without being a parrot.

At any rate, I did get a response from CBP Company in the US. They told me I'd have to contact ICEL directly about electronic rights for an English version. I can already say that'd be a brick wall. They're a for-profit translation body and their permission usually comes with a hefty fee.

Last edited by beartard; 08-15-2007 at 05:26 AM.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #17
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Whoever created religion has done mankind one huge disservice.
I used to think the same... until I had a tragic loss in my family two years ago. I quickly learned then that religion can be a great pain reliever, for both old and young.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert