Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What age group do electronic book readers belong to?
0-15 0 0%
15-20 5 2.12%
20-30 32 13.56%
30-40 50 21.19%
40-50 66 27.97%
50-60 57 24.15%
60+ 26 11.02%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #31
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
This makes me feel old. Can't we just forget age (you do remember Dark Shadows after school, don't you?)
I remember listening to The Untouchables, The Lone Ranger, Amos & Andy, Fibber McGee & Molly, and many other radio shows during the evening hours. Think of how old that makes me feel!
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I remember listening to The Untouchables, The Lone Ranger, Amos & Andy, Fibber McGee & Molly, and many other radio shows during the evening hours. Think of how old that makes me feel!
I still do listen to a lot of radio shows. Fortunately, radio drama is still alive and well on the BBC, and they're great to listen to on my iPod on the way to and from work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #33
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

i wish there were still real radio drama here in midwest america my wife and i drive 20,000 miles a years (there are several 50+ hour drive one ways to texas for visiting family every year too) and we would LOVE some good radio drama, audio books are such hit & miss, some are read good and entertaining but most are done in the most boring nearly monotone way that even the most exciting book puts you to sleep.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I voted 50+... at our local library's play day this winter, I was the second youngest person in the crowd, so there's clearly a fair few 60+ ereader owners out there in our town.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #35
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What age group do we belong to?
Well I'm in the one of the latter categories (ahem), but my 11 year old daughter is desperate to get a Kindle, and saving up for one as we speak. so I guess the age ranges across the full spectrum.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #36
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
So far I'm the only one who has confessed to 60+.
I'm 62 so that makes me 60+ too.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #37
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
After the Edge of Night, and before the 4:30 movie (before Oprah that was what aired in the 90 minutes for the local 6:00 news) ... "Judgement at Nuremberg" was kinda boring for a little kid; "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" was better.
OMG, I remember seeing that about that time. Scared me silly!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Google OTR (Old Time Radio)... there's a vast amount of radio drama available for free download, OTR has a net sub-culture all of its own. Much of it is legal as well though there is a certain amount of copyright stuff around, generally because unavailable anywhere else (your choice on D/Ling such)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
i wish there were still real radio drama here in midwest america my wife and i drive 20,000 miles a years (there are several 50+ hour drive one ways to texas for visiting family every year too) and we would LOVE some good radio drama, audio books are such hit & miss, some are read good and entertaining but most are done in the most boring nearly monotone way that even the most exciting book puts you to sleep.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #39
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Voted my age, so now there's two of us...
Well, I'm in your age group but I answered the question instead of indicating my age.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I am missing the correlation here.
All people who are 60 were at one time 15 or 30 ...
Many people who are 15 will eventually be 60 with any luck.
Most will have much the same ideals, outlook, physical characteristics, work ethics etc. at 60 as at 20.
Using age as a type is like using height, nationality, weight, or hair color....
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #41
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

You forgot us 70+, who are still going strong, and intend doing so for a long

time to come.

We are also into Kindle, iPad, iRiver etc., just to show you youngsters that we

are not all senile.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #42
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
If I answered this poll in a months time I would be with you but until then you are on your own
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
Well... I'm honestly not sure about the demographics in my country when it comes to e-readers, but other than the apple products, it seems that e-readers are not very popular in my country, especially since most of the dedicated e-readers come with bookstores that are unavailable in my country due to copyright issues. However, the iPad 2 was sold out when it first came over, and I'm not sure how many of the people who bought the iPad 2 are going to be using it for reading ebooks, much less, their ages. I guess I would put it as 20 to 30, which also happens to be my age group.

And wow, I feel young!
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyleyna View Post
it seems that e-readers are not very popular in my country, especially since most of the dedicated e-readers come with bookstores that are unavailable in my country due to copyright issues.
Geographical restrictions on the sale of eBooks have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with copyright law. They are purely a matter of authors signing publishing contacts with authors which restrict the countries in which the publisher is permitted to sell the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #45
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Right behind you...

Quote:
Hello, DMB.

I'm right behind you having turned 60 last October.

I absolutely LOVE my Kindle 3 WIFI and carrying it with me just about everywhere I go. It is so nice and SO convenient to pull it out and start reading.

Regards,
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote