Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-19-2020, 11:59 PM   #331
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I have a strange behaviour with yesterdays nightly but I'm not sure, if this is really KoReader related:
Does PB631 have indicator led for discharge status? It's possible for koreader to hog autostandby (ie fail to properly release it), thus draining battery overnight. However that should be harmless.

What you're saying has happened to multiple users on this forum by now after a deep discharge. Some using rooted PB, some not. Sometimes replacing battery helped, sometimes it didn't. I've now seen 2 PBs bricked like this (632 and 740). All same problem - seems like faulty charge circuitry that misreads cell voltage, and subsequently underregulates charge current.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:30 AM   #332
nhedgehog
Fanatic
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdiy View Post
Does PB631 have indicator led for discharge status? It's possible for koreader to hog autostandby (ie fail to properly release it), thus draining battery overnight. However that should be harmless.
I think mine has an led indicator but I deactivated it via settings.

My problem was that the device was fully charged but "thought" it was empty [the charge current I measured was just a trickle charge]. Had to force discharge and recharge it 3 times to be able to fully charge it again [measured charge current and capacity while charging]. Battery indicator during discharge changed only after the device has discharged enough to go under the shown value [For instance it showed 30% after being fully charged and needed 6h to discharge to go to 29% and lower.].
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #333
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Color PB633
If any of the developers have the desire and time to work on color, and need a beta tester, I'm here. I'm on the last nightly.

KOReader is much faster and better than PB standard reader, so if it would handle color it would be perfect.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #334
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@ps67: the place to be for that is still https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #335
ps67
Fanatic
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ps67: the place to be for that is still https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680
Sorry but I don't understand what I should do
Old 10-28-2020, 07:39 PM   #336
ps67
Fanatic

Well I tried to guess: I added these two lines
Code:
local PocketBook = Generic:new{
    canUseCBB = no,
    hasColorScreen = yes,
To the file frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua

But nothing happened: no color.

Then I tried:

Code:
 display_dpi = 300,
    hasColorScreen = yes,
    canUseCBB = no, -- 24bpp
    hasCFAScreen = yes,
    isAlwaysPortrait = yes,
    usingForcedRotation = landscape_ccw,
But still no color. I tried but without somebody that really knows what to do and tell me it, I fear that all my efforts will be useless.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #337
Galunid
Connoisseur
Galunid began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
@ps67 What NiLuJe linked is work currently being done. You need to wait patiently, till it's finished. If you want to help testing, take a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/6479 and https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6680 once in a while. You'd have to know how to use git and build the application yourself, then report the results there.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pdf