Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 12:23 AM   #166
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
(The old thread warning has been duly noted.)

Let's play "pretend". Okay?

With all "play pretends," there is some amount of truth in them. So it is with this one.

Let's say that a customer has Amazon Prime. Let's say that he/she sees a Kindle Unlimited book that interests him/her, and he/she wants to borrow it. So, he/she borrows it.

Of greater interest to this customer, however, is the Whispersync _audio_ companion that goes with the book. Questions:
1) Can the customer borrow the Whispersync audio during the time that he/she is borrowing the Kindle Unlimited book?
2) Can he/she _buy_ the Whispersync audio, and at the Whispersync audio companion price, while he/she is borrowing the book?

We assume, of course, that if he/she purchases it, he/she can then _keep_ the Whispersync audio in perpetuity.

The savings could be big. Let's say that the Whispersync audio is at $7.49, a common price point. That price is a lot cheaper than he/she could get it by buying it outright at Audible, or even using a purchased credit or one that comes with his/her plan each month.

You may have guessed that customer, to whom I referred, is me.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-12-2019 at 02:42 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #167
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
(The old thread warning has been duly noted.)

Let's play "pretend". Okay?

With all "play pretends," there is some amount of truth in them. So it is with this one.

Let's say that a customer has Amazon Prime. Let's say that he/she sees a Kindle Unlimited book that interests him/her, and he/she wants to borrow it. So, he/she borrows it.

Of greater interest to this customer, however, is the Whispersync _audio_ companion that goes with the book. Questions:
1) Can the customer borrow the Whispersync audio during the time that he/she is borrowing the Kindle Unlimited book?
2) Can he/she _buy_ the Whispersync audio, and at the Whispersync audio companion price, while he/she is borrowing the book?

We assume, of course, that if he/she purchases it, he/she can then _keep_ the Whispersync audio in perpetuity.

The savings could be big. Let's say that the Whispersync audio is at $7.49, a common price point. That price is a lot cheaper than he/she could get it by buying it outright at Audible, or even using a purchased credit or one that comes with his/her plan each month.

You may have guessed that customer, to whom I referred, is me.
You can choose kindle unlimited books with whispersync companions (that let you borrow them), and you have to return those at the end of your KU membership (I never stay a member for long). And I've also bought whispersync companions while borrowing books that you can only borrow the ebook. You get to keep those because you purchased the audio. At least that seems to be the way it used to work as I remember it. I definitely keep a list of KU books I want to borrow for the audio as well as books I want to buy next time I happen upon a KU deal. There's a KU deal right now, but I'm a little backed up on my listening, so I'm skipping it.
Jenga5238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #168
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
You can choose kindle unlimited books with whispersync companions (that let you borrow them), and you have to return those at the end of your KU membership (I never stay a member for long). And I've also bought whispersync companions while borrowing books that you can only borrow the ebook. You get to keep those because you purchased the audio. At least that seems to be the way it used to work as I remember it. I definitely keep a list of KU books I want to borrow for the audio as well as books I want to buy next time I happen upon a KU deal. There's a KU deal right now, but I'm a little backed up on my listening, so I'm skipping it.
Very helpful information! Especially, ". . . I've also bought whispersync companions while borrowing books that you can only borrow the ebook. You get to keep those because you purchased the audio." That gets right to the heart of my question.

If that really does work, I need to max out the benefit before my Prime trial ends, at the end of the month. I also am going to keep a list of KU books with Whispersync deals, as you are doing.

Maybe no one at Amazon/Audible will decide that that's too good of a deal, and end it . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-12-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #169
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

During this time when this thread is "higher up the ladder" (so, more visible) than it usually is, I'd like to encourage people to post to it.

Okay, I know that I haven't done much posting to it recently myself. For a while there, I was actively _seeking out_ WS deals, even in genres and subgenres that I don't like, in order to have something to post on this thread. I don't have the time to do that now, and still make posts of ebooks (and their WS deals when they exist) that I consider important on subjects that I do like.

If everyone viewing a book's product page would take just a few seconds to see if the book has a good WS deal on it, and then a few minutes of their time to post it, if there is, it would make this thread a whole lot better. And more to the point, it would allow many people to get a lot of enjoyable audios (and ebooks) at great prices. And that's what this whole subforum "Deals, Resources . . ." is all about, isn't it?
Old 07-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #170
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The 50th Anniversary Edition of Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann is on sale at Kindle US for $1.99. And, you can also add the Audible narration for $1.99, which is a pretty good price.

Details and link in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4015594
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #171
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The first 7 books of the "Cradle" series are free, if you own the kindle version, the audible version is $1.99 (EDIT: for each book, for a total cost of $13.93 for all 7)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753FP6SP

Last edited by binaryhermit; 10-05-2020 at 02:33 PM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote