Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
mesblau
mesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7gen)
Now that jb.sh I have to execute? The last version I see in the post 'Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks' [5] is for firmware 5.4.4.2 ... and if I move around the forum one link jumps to another and so continuously ... this forum already seems like a loop...

Code:
K5 JailBreak (5.0.x - 5.4.4.2) | kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15526.tar.xz | 2018-Nov-19 17:44:49 | 793.5K | 285d4885616bd0fe995e4cfdff72b3d7 | K5 JB
[5] - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
mesblau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mesblau: The fool-proof solution is to simply copy the jb key (c.f., what the Factory JB does), and then install the hotfix like on any other device.

(This is essentially what the 5.4.4.2 JB does, but it also does a bit of what the bridge/hotfix does, but not enough for newer devices, which means you still have to install the hotfix afterwards).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #18
mesblau
mesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enoughmesblau will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mesblau: The fool-proof solution is to simply copy the jb key (c.f., what the Factory JB does), and then install the hotfix like on any other device.

(This is essentially what the 5.4.4.2 JB does, but it also does a bit of what the bridge/hotfix does, but not enough for newer devices, which means you still have to install the hotfix afterwards).
@NiLuJe So, can you give me the exact links to everything I need?
Just to remember, I have a PW3 with firmware 5.9.7

Hotfix (JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip) from here [5]

And K5 JailBreak 5.4.4.2 (kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15526.tar.xz) from here [6]

[5] - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597
[6] - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Last edited by mesblau; 11-22-2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mesblau: You can basically just use the Factory JB, except you'll have to untar the htmlviewer tarball yourself (most likely bracketed between a mntroot rw & a mntroot ro).
Old 11-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
mesblau

the other day I found the htmlviewer.tar, but today I can not find it, can someone give me the link of the post?
Old 11-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mesblau: Snapshots thread > Factory JB (you linked to it earlier).
Old 11-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #22
mesblau

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mesblau: Snapshots thread > Factory JB (you linked to it earlier).
@NiLuJe Okay, basically I copied pubdevkey01.pem in /etc/uks, now I have to follow the steps here [5]?

Old 11-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesblau View Post
@NiLuJe Okay, basically I copied pubdevkey01.pem in /etc/uks, now I have to follow the steps here [5]?

Yes..
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #24
mesblau

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes..
done, and now what else?
Old 11-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Install the customer firmware version of your choice.
All released versions are still on Amazon's server.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #26
mesblau

Quote:
Install the customer firmware version of your choice.
All released versions are still on Amazon's server.
...and why would I want to install an Amazon customer firmware? That's what I already have ... The only thing I want is to be able to connect through SSH, is it so difficult?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
...and why would I want to install an Amazon customer firmware? That's what I already have ... The only thing I want is to be able to connect through SSH, is it so difficult?
You are running an extremely old firmware version.
When it updates (either by you or Amazon) it will require that you re-install everything from here except the jb and the hotfix.

It is your choice about how often or how many times you want re-install all of our add-ins.
But you did ask advice and that is what I gave you.

You will have to ask Amazon's Lab126 why they made it so difficult. NOD
Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
mesblau

Quote:
You are running an extremely old firmware version.
When it updates (either by you or Amazon) it will require that you re-install everything from here except the jb and the hotfix.

It is your choice about how often or how many times you want re-install all of our add-ins.
But you did ask advice and that is what I gave you.

You will have to ask Amazon's Lab126 why they made it so difficult. NOD
Basically you tell me to install the newer version of Amazon customer firmware, so it does not get updated in the future and I do not have to do it all over again?

In this case, what do I install? What version? And where do I find them? And will it be possible to install ssh or not?
Old 12-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Basically you tell me to install the newer version of Amazon customer firmware, so it does not get updated in the future and I do not have to do it all over again?

In this case, what do I install? What version? And where do I find them? And will it be possible to install ssh or not?
This help department is closed now.
Learn to look up your own answers, it isn't that hard nor are the answers hidden.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #30
mesblau

Quote:
This help department is closed now.
Learn to look up your own answers, it isn't that hard nor are the answers hidden.

Very helpful your help, thank you very much (IRONY)

Tags
help please, jailbreak, pw3, serial port