Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #886
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I've been getting a bunch of PMs without the requested info. Just as a reminder, I need the following or your PM will be ignored. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Reposting since the original post has gotten a bit buried.

I'm helping with PW4 JB > 5.10.1.3 but via PM only given how anti-JB the firmware updates have been of late.

PSA

I might be able to help with jailbreak for the waterproof PW4/Paperwhite 4/Paperwhite (2018)/Paperwhite (10th generation) only.

Those interested, please PM me with the following details about your device:
  1. First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date)
  2. Country
  3. Retailer/Store
  4. Color
  5. Storage
  6. with or without Special Offers
  7. Wi-Fi or Cellular
  8. FW version and stock or updated?
Thanks!

Notes:
  1. All PMs missing the information requested above will be ignored.
  2. All PMs requesting assistance with non-PW4 will be ignored.
  3. Don't expect immediate replies to your PM. I don't spend my entire time waiting for PMs from MobileRead. Even when I'm browsing the site, I'm often browsing via mobile device where sending instructions is a major pain so I typically wait to reply until I'm in front of keyboard and mouse. I usually respond within 4 days so be patient and wait a week or so. If there's no reply by then, feel free to follow up.
  4. If you're unable to send PMs, you can use the thread in the feedback forum below to request PM privileges.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:15 PM   #887
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ilovejedd: Oops, that's probably my bad ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2020, 11:46 PM   #888
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ilovejedd: Oops, that's probably my bad ^^.
Lol, np.

I added the following to the 5x JB wiki. Maybe you can add it to Open Sesame or the new Factory JB thread, too.

Special Case
PW4 running 5.10.1.3 firmware or earlier can be jailbroken. It might also be possible to jailbreak PW4 with later firmware. Please see this post for more information.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:18 AM   #889
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
We have a collection of links to the factory firmwares for all models
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=...oil-51085326-3
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:22 AM   #890
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ilovejedd: Good idea, done, thanks .

@hius07: Good to know, thanks!
Advert
Old 10-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #891
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

@NiLuJe
Thanks!

Here's the info on PW4 8GB Sage Green.

Quote:
1. G001 6V03 0384
2. Japan
3. amazon japan
4. sage
5. 8G
6. with Special Offers
7. Wi-Fi
8. 5.12.4FW stock
Old 10-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #892
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Matches whatever I already had on hand for that device code, so it's good to go .
Old 10-15-2020, 04:13 PM   #893
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Matches whatever I already had on hand for that device code, so it's good to go .
Cool, thanks!

It was missing from the wiki.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Old 10-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #894
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh.

4AM might have had something to do with that .
Old 10-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #895
VamoseSugar
VamoseSugar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT3
Have held the PW4 for almost a year, unused as I could not get any option to jailbreak. Have been looking in the mobileread forum often.

Today may be a game changer, attached are the relevant details, ilovejedd any help is appreciated.

First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date) - G000 PP12 9475
Country - US
Retailer/Store - Amazon US
Color - Black
Storage - 8GB
with or without Special Offers - With Special Offers
Wi-Fi or Cellular - Wi-Fi
FW version and stock or updated? - 5.12.2 / Stock
VamoseSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #896
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by VamoseSugar View Post
Have held the PW4 for almost a year, unused as I could not get any option to jailbreak. Have been looking in the mobileread forum often.

Today may be a game changer, attached are the relevant details, ilovejedd any help is appreciated.

First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date) - G000 PP12 9475
Country - US
Retailer/Store - Amazon US
Color - Black
Storage - 8GB
with or without Special Offers - With Special Offers
Wi-Fi or Cellular - Wi-Fi
FW version and stock or updated? - 5.12.2 / Stock
You need to PM that information to ilovejedd

See post #886 at the top of this page.

Since you are a new member, you probably have to request PM capability. Instructions for that at the bottom of post #886
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:55 PM   #897
RobinC.
RobinC. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Just finished eating the 60 pages, thanks to all to share your knowledge. After a few months using it, it is time to try the JB.
RobinC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #898
VamoseSugar
VamoseSugar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
You need to PM that information to ilovejedd

See post #886 at the top of this page.

Since you are a new member, you probably have to request PM capability. Instructions for that at the bottom of post #886
Thanks a lot for your response & guidance.
VamoseSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:00 AM   #899
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Are there any news regarding new G8S0PP s/n? (it's black 8GB came with 5.12.4 (3602780042))
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:20 AM   #900
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Are there any news regarding new G8S0PP s/n? (it's black 8GB came with 5.12.4 (3602780042))
JB still works.

Someone contacted @NiLuJe and he mentioned the G8S prefix is most likely just factory related. Characters 4-6 are the actual model identifiers.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4