Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 08:06 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP91306 View Post
I see your point. I wish SOMEONE would fix it. Earlier posts implied that the latest update of Calibre "broke" linkage. I don't know WHO needs to fix WHAT. Perhaps a communication between the two developers? Obviously, the users can't fix it.

Thanks,

jp
IMHO It is CC's end

Older CC (Android) behaves just fine with Calibre 5.x
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO It is CC's end

Older CC (Android) behaves just fine with Calibre 5.x
As a guess, some assumption on the format changed with Calibre 5.x and the old code is a lot more forgiving of such changes. Hopefully, the CC group will fix it now that it's been identified.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #18
JP91306
Connoisseur
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
As a guess, some assumption on the format changed with Calibre 5.x and the old code is a lot more forgiving of such changes. Hopefully, the CC group will fix it now that it's been identified.
So, does this mean I will no longer be able to USE Calibre Companion on my iPad or iPhone going forward?

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So, does this mean I will no longer be able to USE Calibre Companion on my iPad or iPhone going forward?

jp
Nope, first off, you can use the wireless sync. That works fine.

I would think that the CC developers will fit the issue with the content server at some point, probably fairly soon.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:44 AM   #20
JP91306
Connoisseur

I probably don't know how to use it properly, but when I connected using Wirelss, I see only a limited subset of my library (maybe 1/100th). Couldn't find a way to increase number of displayed books that I know are there normally.

Thanks,

jp
Old 10-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #21
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I probably don't know how to use it properly, but when I connected using Wirelss, I see only a limited subset of my library (maybe 1/100th). Couldn't find a way to increase number of displayed books that I know are there normally.

Thanks,

jp
Wireless requires that books be pushed from Calibre rather than pulled by CC. That means when you connect, select the books you want to send to the device in Calibre. The good thing is that connecting wirelessly also will sync all your meta data.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #22
JP91306
Connoisseur

OK..I use an iPAD to read both iBooks (epub) and Kindle (AZWx) formats. I don't see how to "push" out to the iPad. I see the various choices, but I haven't found instructions on how to choose to do that.

I don't see the iPad LISTED anywhere as a device.

I will be happy to read instructions if someone has a link to where they are.

Thank you for your help.

jp
Old 10-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
WDC behaves just like a Wired (USB) device.
if connected, you should see the Ondevice column (and the driver being used, name in the lower left status line)

You select books: Click the send to device icon

(with the device detected) right click the Send to device icon: configure
This is where you set the formats supported by the device and the preferred priority
Not any different from other wired devices. Tablets just need you to tell what formats your Apps can handle
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #24
JP91306
Connoisseur

I have my iPAD CONNECTED via USB to a port on my computer.

Calibre does not "see" the iPad.

Please tell me the next step to connect the iPad to the Calibre application.

Thank you,

jp
Old 10-15-2020, 12:20 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I have my iPAD CONNECTED via USB to a port on my computer.

Calibre does not "see" the iPad.

Please tell me the next step to connect the iPad to the Calibre application.

Thank you,

jp
You cannot connect calibre to iPad through an USB port.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #26
EdJonesBGJ
EdJonesBGJ began at the beginning.

HELP PLease.... I've been using Calibre for years - love it and have supported developer...however, it recently stopped working...
I'm running Windows 10 with iPad Pro... all software is current/up -to-date ... I've even loaded Calibre 5.3... Calibre 4 use to work but stopped two weeks ago...
I've followed directions in User Manual under CONTENT SERVER and can not get it working...
I tried WIRELESS but can't get it to work either... it says it's syncing but then fails...
PLEASE HELP...
I've got books I want to read...
Thanks in advance... Ed
EdJonesBGJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, companion