Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
xfiles
xfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Question Customize GUI

how I can personalize the appearance of Calibre interface?

For example i want that coverbook appears right in center like in the following image:

It is possible to play with the order of the GUI elements? I liked to give To Calibre the appearance like itunes gui, left panel with menu, to the center coverbook and underneath this one the list of books, or left panel with menu and to the center draws into squares with coverbook.

Last edited by xfiles; 05-27-2011 at 11:04 AM.
xfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm confused, that is the default user interface layout. If you are asking how to open the cover flow panel, click the little button in the bottom right corner.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
xfiles
xfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheese

I have Calibre on my Opensuse linux desktop, and the default layout is

---------------------------------- |
MENU icons |
Tag | Search & | |
Browser | Sort | |
| | |
| | |
| |Cover |
| |flow |
| | |
----------------------------------|

And i want something like this

MENU icons |
Tag | Cover | |
Browser | flow | |
| | |
| | |
| ----------- |Details |
| search & | |
| sort | |
----------------------------------|

:-) sorry, i dont have my laptop this time to make screenshot
Old 05-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can't put the search & sort at the bottom which seems to be the only difference as far as I can tell from your ASCII art.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
xfiles

Unhappy this is my defaul layout

I want put the coverflow up and the list of books down, just like the first image.

i have the calibre 0.7.45 versión on my opensuse 64 bits distro.
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

go to preferences->look & feel and choose the wide layout
Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
xfiles

Talking tanks!

ups! so easy