Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
RsH
Enthusiast
RsH began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A and PC + RCA RCT6213W87M Tablet + FiGo telephone
[Android]Taking over a minute a book to transfer on my FiGo ULTRA phone

I have over 5000 ebooks on the SD card (32Gb) in my FiGo ULTRA M50G phone. Right now I am connected via WiFi and transferring 112 more ebooks in epub format and it is taking forever. In 26 minutes it has done 16% of those 112 ebooks, which average 2Mb each at the most. As least at this slow speed it does not loose the connection as often as it does when it is running at a faster download speed, but it is frustrating since I have over 19,000 ebooks I'd like to transfer to this phone. After all, I never know what I feel like reading on any given day, and I'd like to have more ebooks on the phone than I can read before I die... morbid as that sounds.

So what can I do in the settings to speed up the transfer rate?
RsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved post to the Calibre Companion forum
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:11 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out the info in this section of the FAQ.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #4
RsH
Enthusiast
RsH began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A and PC + RCA RCT6213W87M Tablet + FiGo telephone
I need clarification on the following

http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.p...=85&artlang=en

I have done all of the steps through step 10 but step 11 says add the books to CC and do I first delete the existing CC library on the same SD card so that I have an empty CC library to copy into or how do I know which ebooks to copy via the cloud into the existing CC library? I have over 5000 ebooks in the existing CC library and over 18000 ebooks in the Cloud CC library so it seems a bit confusing when the step 11 does not tell me how to add the books more precisely. For example I have a number of ebooks that start with the letter A in their title, so if I select the letter A form the sort by title I will have a number already in the CC library and a number NOT in the CC library but the square box to the right of each ebook does not seem to tell me if the book is already in the CC library or not... and if I Select All to be added and there are several hundred ebooks it seems to take forever and I am not certain I am not doubling the already there ebooks.

HELP - please clarify what should be done in Step 11 to be most efficient in adding those missing 13000 or so ebooks.
RsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsH View Post
http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.p...=85&artlang=en

I have done all of the steps through step 10 but step 11 says add the books to CC and do I first delete the existing CC library on the same SD card so that I have an empty CC library to copy into or how do I know which ebooks to copy via the cloud into the existing CC library? I have over 5000 ebooks in the existing CC library and over 18000 ebooks in the Cloud CC library so it seems a bit confusing when the step 11 does not tell me how to add the books more precisely. For example I have a number of ebooks that start with the letter A in their title, so if I select the letter A form the sort by title I will have a number already in the CC library and a number NOT in the CC library but the square box to the right of each ebook does not seem to tell me if the book is already in the CC library or not... and if I Select All to be added and there are several hundred ebooks it seems to take forever and I am not certain I am not doubling the already there ebooks.

HELP - please clarify what should be done in Step 11 to be most efficient in adding those missing 13000 or so ebooks.
You are conflating two different FAQs. The cloud FAQ you reference discussed how to add books. The FAQ that DoctorOhh references talks about changing how books are stored. That said, and trying to answer your question:
  • The "step 11" you reference has nothing to do with re-adding books or improving CC performance. It tells you how to add books that aren't already in the library.
  • The "run faster" FAQ says "Simply changing the template after you have downloaded a lot of books won't fix the problem." and goes on to say that "Alternatively you could reinitialize CC's library and resend all books." It means what it says. You must resend the books one way or another. If you don't then you will not see the performance improvement.
  • Using the cloud connection, the square box does tell you if the book is already on the device. If the box is not checked then that book is not on the device. If you fetch books from different calibre library then that other copy could be on the device without the box being checked.
  • Using the cloud connection, "download all" will not download books that are already on the device, so you can't use that to replace books already on the device.
  • The cloud connection has a category "On Device". You could use that to resend the books, but the process will be painful because you must open the metadata for each book and force the resend. It is much easier to do this using the wireless connection. Personally, I would initialize the library and resend everything.
My guess is that you need to first follow all the steps in the "run faster" FAQ that DoctorOhh referenced, including reinitializing your library. You next download the books you want using whichever connection type you want.

I should point out that 18,000 books is a lot. Even after following the steps in the FAQ, if your device is memory or processor challenged then CC will be slow. You might be better served copying the entire calibre library onto the SD card (not using CC), then using CC's cloud "local library connection" to get books as you need them. This solution works as long as you don't update metadata for books and then want CC to load just those updates. The solution for that is the Wireless Connection.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote