Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Issue by running a plugin in the command line interface

Hi friends;

I'm using the last version of Calibre PORTABLE and, when I want to run the "KFX Output" plugin (properly installed, since I don't have any trouble to run it inside the Calibre GUI) with the following command:

Code:
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- book.last
I receive a message that says that the "KFX Output" plugin is not found. I have set the path to Calibre in my system variables of Windows 7.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion you can give me.

Regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot use command line tools from calibre portable directly. If you want to do that you first have to set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DiRECTORY environment variable so the tools know where to get the plugins from

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot use command line tools from calibre portable directly. If you want to do that you first have to set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DiRECTORY environment variable so the tools know where to get the plugins from

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
Hi Kovid;

Many thanks for your answer. Indeed, I already had set the Calibre path in my system variables. Watch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	346
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	164449

As you can see, I have included in my system variables, the paths to Calibre, Calibre Settings and Plugins. And even so, Calibre, from command line, doesn't find the "KFX Output" plugin. Maybe I should include something more in my path, but what?

Regards
Rubén
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not
PATH
but
CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not
PATH
but
CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY
Now it worked Many thanks!