Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #31
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

Martin, Rothfuss, and Lynch ...
Who is Lynch?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Who is Lynch?
Sorry. My bad. I figured anyone familiar with the first two would recognize the third.

Scott Lynch (husband of Elizabeth Bear). Author of the Gentlemen Bastards series. The first book was The Lies of Locke Lamora. He's had a long-running battle with depression that only seems to affect his ability to finish books.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-02-2018 at 02:34 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #33
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry. My bad. I figured anyone familiar with the first two would recognize the third.

Scott Lynch (husband of Elizabeth Bear). Author of the Gentlemen Bastards series. The first book was The Lies of Locke Lamora. He's had a long-running battle with depression that only seems to affect his ability to finish books.
That's depressing.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #34
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
My attitude is a bit like spoilers. I'd rather not be spoiled in general, but I re-read so a plot twist, even an amazing one, is rarely the main/only source of enjoyment in a book. So I won't go massively out of my way to avoid spoilers.

But it really depends on the nature of the spoiler and the book.

Similarly there's a couple of series I'm in the middle of where the final book has not yet been written. In general I'm happy to do so because the books so far have given me pleasure. If I never find out how the story ends so be it.

But again it depends on the series in question. One that I'm thinking of, the individual books have a complete story with an ongoing plot in the background.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote