Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #751
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use The Kindle Collections PI for the {series}
I insert {series_index} -{title} into the Title field

I View by Collections on my K4

a reboot is required to make the 'collection' show up on non-rooted devices
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #752
Asimov1
Asimov1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Post Column in calibre show books by publication date

Hello, how could I have a column in caliber to show me the books by date of publication, ie it is as Dec. 1995, Feb 1950, etc., as should be the template in this case, thanks
Asimov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2016, 12:20 AM   #753
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What is wrong with the actual "published date" column, that you need a custom column template?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:04 AM   #754
Asimov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What is wrong with the actual "published date" column, that you need a custom column template?
what I want is a column that extracts the date of publication of the metadata for the book and I show them in an order under each other, so I can know that book was published in that year., as the labels are shown for example art , history, novels, etc but with dates of publication.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:10 AM   #755
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You have the published date and, if you want to see it and sort by it, you only have to configure the screen, the plugin View Manager can help you with it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2016, 04:48 AM   #756
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov1 View Post
Hello, how could I have a column in caliber to show me the books by date of publication, ie it is as Dec. 1995, Feb 1950, etc., as should be the template in this case, thanks
If you want to format the published date, you can do that in this tweak

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	151407

Use 'MMM yyyy' to get Dec 1995, Feb 1950 etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #757
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
what I want is a column that extracts the date of publication of the metadata for the book and I show them in an order under each other, so I can know that book was published in that year., as the labels are shown for example art , history, novels, etc but with dates of publication.
And once again I say, why doesn't the "published date" column itself work for you?
If we don't know what you actually need, how can we possibly help you???
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #758
Asimov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And once again I say, why doesn't the "published date" column itself work for you?
If we don't know what you actually need, how can we possibly help you???
I want in the browser tag labeled with the published name and showing separated by publication date books.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #759
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I want in the browser tag labeled with the published name and showing separated by publication date books.
@Asimov1 - I'm having difficulty understanding what you want. Perhaps you want you see something like this in the Tag Browser

Code:

Publisher A
    Feb 2004 [3]
    May 2004 [2]
Publisher B
    Mar 1966 [2]
    Oct 1967 [4]
That may be doable in a computed custom column using a GPM template.

FWIW : I would start by defining a View in the View Manager plugin that sorted Published (date) ascending within Publisher ascending, and see if that satisfied me.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:58 AM   #760
Asimov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Asimov1 - I'm having difficulty understanding what you want. Perhaps you want you see something like this in the Tag Browser

Code:

Publisher A
    Feb 2004 [3]
    May 2004 [2]
Publisher B
    Mar 1966 [2]
    Oct 1967 [4]
That may be doable in a computed custom column using a GPM template.

FWIW : I would start by defining a View in the View Manager plugin that sorted Published (date) ascending within Publisher ascending, and see if that satisfied me.

BR
What I want is like this:

published in
2000 [10]
2001 [2]

and I found a way, was simply add a custom column, column type: text, column displayed in the browser tag, then after that, go to the list of books and sort by "published" and manually select for example, the books of 2016 and modify metadata in the custom column created "published in", which still does not do is that in the browser tag me divide the label "published in" so that it looks like this: :

published in

thanks for the time that you take to answer
Old 09-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #761
dKodiak
dKodiak began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4
Is this what you want? see attachment.

What I did is create a custom column and then changed the gui display Pub Date to 'yyyy' in tweaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-16.png
Views:	415
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	151670  
dKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #762
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I figured what I was doing wrong. Calibre keeps it as abc [1] and once I convert it and send it to device then it becomes abc 01

Last edited by LilyEvie; 12-20-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Correction
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #763
PERSISTENCE
PERSISTENCE began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
I have just bought an ONYX Boox I86 hdmi - but it does not appear to be supported by calibre's metadata plugboards.
It is an Android tablet (essentially). Is there any way to get metadata plugboards working for my device?
Thanks!
-Persistence
PERSISTENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:01 PM   #764
PERSISTENCE
PERSISTENCE began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Another quick question: the calibre help page* indicates that there should be an entry for "ANDROID" devices in the metadata plugboard drop-down. I can't find this ...but it would likely work for ONYX BOOX i86. Can anyone help me out? Why is it missing? (*help page = metadata plugboard page of calibre user manual)
PERSISTENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #765
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERSISTENCE View Post
I have just bought an ONYX Boox I86 hdmi - but it does not appear to be supported by calibre's metadata plugboards.
It is an Android tablet (essentially). Is there any way to get metadata plugboards working for my device?
Thanks!
-Persistence
Plugboards work on Metadata (not filename. for that use the Save Template)
Your device IS supported: "any device" if Android will not work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags