JosefKostan
JosefKostan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 8HD
Refurbished 6” Kindle Fire!!!

I took a chance with above purchase from Amazon as they don’t produce
6” Kindle Fire anymore...

I set up as usual and it stalls out after putting WiFi address, keep getting
“obtaining IP address” message...

no problem with WiFi password as I have 3 other Kindles and 4 Apple devices and they all work...

Note: it says “excellent signal strength” but keeps buffering like mentioned above...
JosefKostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Does your WiFi access point have a WPS function/button? If so you can use Advanced WiFi setup on the Fire (tap 3 dot menu) and you don’t need to type a password.

It could also be some security setting on the AP preventing Fire from connecting though that seems unlikely.

You can also try some public WiFi to make sure it can connect to something.

You’ll want to make sure to get latest updates. FireOS is 5.6.8.0 now. It doesn’t get the latest Kindle app, unfortunately, but Alexa app seems to get regular updates.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert