Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-27-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Confused

I uploaded a book that according to PG is in the public domain here in the U.S. (and has been at PG since 2003) about events that took place at least 100 yrs ago, so why it got pulled I haven't a clue. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3604
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I uploaded a book that according to PG is in the public domain here in the U.S. (and has been at PG since 2003) about events that took place at least 100 yrs ago, so why it got pulled I haven't a clue. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3604
The book is in the public domain in the US; however, the MR library follows the life+70 rule and the author didn't die until 1963, so for MR purposes it won't be public domain until 2034.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The posts were moved to the Offline forums. We can move them back in 2034.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The book I just uploaded, The crock of gold, I think needs to be moved? Off by one errors are my favorite.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:04 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done.

And it was already there: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=14854119
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #6
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, thanks.

What about The demigods and Irish fairy tales, both also by James Stephens; have they been uploaded?
Old 09-10-2020, 03:12 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Do you know you can search the library (including offline books)? A quick search on "demigods", "irish fairy" or "stephens" revealed no instance of those books.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #8
hobnail
Running with scissors

Your "already there" link doesn't work for me ("Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."). I'm guessing that only moderators can see books that have been moved offline? That's why I asked about the other two books; I was assuming that they're also offline.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Hmm... The posts are visible to everyone, I just checked (logged out and viewed/searched the offline books without logging in). The files are only visible to moderators, though.

Does this work?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=14857057
it's just a search of "crock of gold" in the Offline forum.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #10
hobnail
Running with scissors

Yes,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=14857057

works

The other one,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=14854119

does not.

Although I never noticed the offline books forum, I always go straight to EPUB and ignore the rest, so thanks for that. Searching there does work.

Last edited by hobnail; 09-10-2020 at 03:34 PM.