Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #16
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Polynesia? Alaska? East Asia?
I thought it was obvious: a Native American, by definition, is a native of the Americas! And the white politician, by skin color, obviously has ancestral roots in Europe. So any way you look at it, the statement was ignorant.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:03 PM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I thought it was obvious: a Native American, by definition, is a native of the Americas! And the white politician, by skin color, obviously has ancestral roots in Europe. So any way you look at it, the statement was ignorant.
Well, depends on your definition of how many generations to be "native"?

... cause we are all immigrants, just some more recent than others and some more voluntary than others, regardless of skin color (and hey, the later ones didn't exterminate the American horses and some other species, although they've done a good job on others, so pretty much equivalent there, as well).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #18
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Well, depends on your definition of how many generations to be "native"?

... cause we are all immigrants, just some more recent than others and some more voluntary than others, regardless of skin color (and hey, the later ones didn't exterminate the American horses and some other species, although they've done a good job on others, so pretty much equivalent there, as well).
I'm taking your continued discussion of that politician's head-up-his-arse ignorant statement, made in the context of "leave America to the Americans, and send immigrants back home", as a tongue-in-cheek exercise. If it's not....scratching my head.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm taking your continued discussion of that politician's head-up-his-arse ignorant statement, made in the context of "leave America to the Americans, and send immigrants back home", as a tongue-in-cheek exercise. If it's not....scratching my head.
Well, not commenting on the politician's statement one way or the other... but, humans, not native to the Americas. One group just immigrated earlier and from the other coast (although there is some debate as to whether it was via land or sea and exactly when and if there was more than one wave ... then again, there is the same debate about the group that immigrated from the other coast, albeit a few thousand years later).

I've seen heated discussions on the authenticity of a "native american" indian fry bread recipe, commonly served to tourists and claimed to be the handed down recipe for generations ... which uses white flour. Not to say it hasn't been in that family for years, but it can't be older than the clash of east immigrants running to the west ones, since no wheat grew on these two continents, either, until the second immigration wave.

Then again, polenta in Italy used to be made with barley, but you don't see that today in any authentic Italian cookbooks (although I've only seen one that tried to claim that polenta, northern corn grits and southern hominy grits were "all the same")
Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 AM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I wish to stay out of the politics of the preceding discussion, but I will comment on the word "native."

Words very, very frequently have more than one meaning. Froide and Koland are understanding and using the word in two separate ways.

Two of the definitions that Dictionary.com (I like it, btw, and the sister thesaurus, Thesaurus.com, even more) gives for "native" are these:
1. being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being:
one's native land.
. . . .
3. belonging by birth to a people regarded as indigenous to a certain place, especially a preliterate people . . . .

Froide is using the word as it is defined first; Koland is using the word as it is defined second ("3." in the dictionary's list). Therefore, it seems that they are "talking past each other."

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-01-2015 at 03:44 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 AM   #21
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Deleted; post is below.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-01-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:10 AM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

This Book Says that It Will Help You Change Your Life in 30 Days. Price: $0.00.

I tire of seeing self-improvement books posted. Self-improvement books are legion. And, frankly, I've just about gotten jaded to them. When I see one that's new to me, I wonder, "does this book have anything new to say that all of the other ones don't say?" And, if the book doesn't say anything new, I wonder, "Is this book saying the same, old things in a better or refreshing way from all of the other ones?"

So, when I saw this one, I was highly skeptical about it. However, this one seems to stand apart from the "same ole same ole." For one thing, it has a 5-star rating at Amazon, and a 4.08/5.00 rating at GoodReads (that's very good for GoodReads).

The fact that it's free certainly doesn't hurt things, either.

30 Days- Change your habits, Change your life: A couple of simple steps every day to create the life you want. by Marc Reklau. Rated 5 stars, from 13 reviews at the present moment at Amazon. Print list price $15.95; digital list price $2.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Marc Reklau, publisher. 204 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Days--Change-y...+life+you+want.

Book Description
Have you ever asked yourself why some people seem to get everything easily and others don’t? Do you feel like a victim of your circumstances? Are you tired of waiting for your life to change? Everything you have in your life today is a direct result of your thoughts, beliefs and expectations. Nothing happens “JUST BECAUSE”.

Find out how to take control and full responsibility of your life, and how a couple of small steps every day can change everything. 30 Days is not just a book that you read. To make it work YOU have to work and do the exercises it proposes consistently over time. In this simple, fast-paced eBook you will be learning what it takes to create the life you want.

30 Days is for people who are struggling, wanting to change their life, but they feel powerless and think change comes from the outside. They also keep doing the same things over and over expecting a different result, which Albert Einstein considered to be the purest form of insanity.

If you want to change your life, you have to change your habits and start doing small things differently every day.
Discover your enormous potential and…
• Stop being a victim of the circumstances
• Stop waiting for the miracle to happen and become one
• Stop suffering and start creating the life you want
• Improve your self-confidence
• Improve your relationship with your spouse, colleagues, boss, etc.

30 Days is based on science, neuroscience, positive psychology and real-life examples
Anyway. Don’t believe a word I say! Try it out for yourself. You already know everything that you will see in the book, but you have to put it into action.

Some of the benefits that reading and working through the book can bring you:
--> Get more self-confidence
--> Fall in love with the most important person in your life – YOU
--> Lose your fear of your emotions and learn to manage them
--> Become wealthier, healthier and happier
--> Find the job of your dreams
--> Find love
--> Start your own business
--> Have an extraordinary life
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 AM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Is Fear a Gift? This Author Says So, and Why. The Book is FREE Right Now.

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a self published book with so many (1,308) reviews.

The Gift of Fear. by Gavin de Becker. Rated 4 1/2 stars, from 1,308 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $7.99; digital list price $6.39; Kindle price now $0.00. Gavin de Becker, publisher. 352 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavi...a+gift+of+fear.

Book Description
A Special Kindle Edition of The Gift of Fear, with a new Foreword by the author.

A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers to help carry a woman's groceries. Is he a good Samaritan or is he after something else? A fired employee says "You'll be sorry." Will he return with a gun? After their first date, a man tells a woman it is their "destiny" to be married. What will he do when she won't see him again? A mother has an uneasy feeling about the nice babysitter she's just hired. Should she not go to work today?

These days, no one in America feels immune to violence. But now, in this extraordinary groundbreaking book, the nation's leading expert on predicting violent behavior unlocks the puzzle of human violence and shows that, like every creature on earth, we have within us the ability to predict the harm others might do us and get out of its way. Contrary to popular myth, human violence almost always has a discernible motive and is preceded by clear warning signs.

Through dozens of compelling examples from his own career, Gavin de Becker teaches us how to read the signs, using our most basic but often most discounted survival skill - our intuition. The Gift of Fear is a remarkable, unique combination of practical guidance on leading a safer life and profound insight into human behavior.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:59 AM   #24
Froide
Wizard

Let's not complicate, politicize, or broaden to include food a straightforward comment made about people in the USA, a comment whose context and about which objective facts are neither ambiguous nor inviting of multiple interpretations. To wit:
  • The person who allegedly made the statement is American.
  • He is not just American, but an American politician (i.e., a government representative), and as such - in my opinion - should be expected to fully understand the two definitions that follow, though his statement ("Native Americans [in the USA] should be sent back where they came from") reflects otherwise, hence my characterization of it as ignorant
  • In the USA, the term "Native American" is precisely and legally defined as: American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, or Native Hawaiians. Some of these terms are further defined (e.g., by the U.S. Small Business Administration, here ) as follows:

Quote:
    Alaska Native means a citizen of the United States who is a person of one-fourth degree or more Alaskan Indian (including Tsimshian Indians not enrolled in the Metlaktla Indian Community), Eskimo, or Aleut blood, or a combination of those bloodlines. The term includes, in the absence of proof of a minimum blood quantum, any citizen whom a Native village or Native group regards as an Alaska Native if their father or mother is regarded as an Alaska Native.

Indian tribe means any Indian tribe, band, nation, or other organized group or community of Indians, including any ANC, which is recognized as eligible for the special programs and services provided by the United States to Indians because of their status as Indians, or is recognized as such by the State in which the tribe, band, nation, group, or community resides.

Native Hawaiian means any individual whose ancestors were natives, prior to 1778, of the area which now comprises the State of Hawaii.
  • In the USA, the legal definitions of "Native American" and "natural-born" (i.e., born on USA soil) differ.

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:06 AM   #25
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I don't know about you, but I've never seen a self published book with so many (1,308) reviews.

The Gift of Fear. by Gavin de Becker. Rated 4 1/2 stars, from 1,308 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $7.99; digital list price $6.39; Kindle price now $0.00. Gavin de Becker, publisher. 352 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavi...a+gift+of+fear.

Book Description
A Special Kindle Edition of The Gift of Fear, with a new Foreword by the author.

A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers to help carry a woman's groceries. Is he a good Samaritan or is he after something else? A fired employee says "You'll be sorry." Will he return with a gun? After their first date, a man tells a woman it is their "destiny" to be married. What will he do when she won't see him again? A mother has an uneasy feeling about the nice babysitter she's just hired. Should she not go to work today?

These days, no one in America feels immune to violence. But now, in this extraordinary groundbreaking book, the nation's leading expert on predicting violent behavior unlocks the puzzle of human violence and shows that, like every creature on earth, we have within us the ability to predict the harm others might do us and get out of its way. Contrary to popular myth, human violence almost always has a discernible motive and is preceded by clear warning signs.

Through dozens of compelling examples from his own career, Gavin de Becker teaches us how to read the signs, using our most basic but often most discounted survival skill - our intuition. The Gift of Fear is a remarkable, unique combination of practical guidance on leading a safer life and profound insight into human behavior.
I'm seeing The Gift of Fear at $0.99 at http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavi...a+gift+of+fear Nonetheless, I highly recommend it.

I own the hard copy and think it saved me from becoming a crime victim, as this exact situation happened to me after I read the book:

Quote:
A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers to help carry a woman's groceries. Is he a good Samaritan or is he after something else?
I had stopped at a Pathmark grocery store in a sketchy neighborhood, and a suspicious-looking man began walking alongside me, insistent upon helping me with my bags. He ignored my polite, increasingly firm "thanks, but no thanks" statements, and the closer we got to my vehicle, the more nervous I became.

Ultimately, I did what Gavin suggested. I yelled at the man, loudly and angrily: "I said, no! Get the hell away from me". That caught the attention of other people in the parking lot, and the guy cursed at and threatened me before walking quickly away. Whew!

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2015 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #26
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
A First Century Traveller's Guide to Palestine - free
http://www.amazon.com/A-First-Centur...dp/B0085B2YU0/

Tales from the Dallas Cowboys Sideline - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Dallas-C...dp/B0064DFS4A/

How I Successfully Opened Up a Smoothie Shop - free
http://www.amazon.com/Successfully-O...dp/B009TDJ8M0/

Impact Player - bobby Richardson - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Impact-Player-...dp/B007V69H4G/

The Book on Facebook Marketing - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-On-Fa...dp/B00PGNOFO8/

Building Your Book for Kindle - free
http://www.amazon.com/Building-Your-...dp/B007URVZJ6/

Access Granted - free
http://www.amazon.com/Access-Granted...dp/B00U85AYX0/

Make Money Online with Your Videos - free
http://www.amazon.com/Make-Money-Onl...dp/B00OO6T6XS/

One Last strike - Tony LaRussa - $1.99
http://www.amazon.com/One-Last-Strik...dp/B007OWRBA4/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #27
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
[*]He is not just American, but an American politician (i.e., a government representative), and as such - in my opinion - should be expected to fully understand the two definitions that follow, though his statement ("Native Americans [in the USA] should be sent back where they came from") reflects otherwise, hence my characterization of it as ignorant
Even if he is isn't ignorant of the meanings, it begs the question of where he is planning to "send them": if they are "native" (either definition would imply that they "came from" the US, no?). One has to go back a few thousand years to find another continent of origin. Although I guess he could send some of the midwestern tribes back to North Carolina (although there may be fights over tribal casinos, with any relocation, as well as all that shale oil in the Dakotas).

Now, what he probably meant to say was even less PC, picking on one of two (or both) other minority groups that might be said to not be "native" to the Americas or the US. And one group not native for even a generation, in some fairly large numbers.

Of course, any of the above should be a good enough reason not to vote for him, for most people.

Had he said "illegal immigrants" (or the current PC term for such), then at least he would have been race neutral and addressing a problem that many nations are now dealing with, even if they have little solution (there often being no place to "send back to"), assuming that large-scale, often uneducated immigrants are the problem (as many ancestors of those who consider themselves native were, originally). The bigger issue, of course, is the high correlation of criminal activity involved in the smuggling trade and the bleed-off of funds by those in the country illegally (both to family elsewhere and to pay of smugglers), both of which drain the economy and lower the standard of living of those affected. And most countries (including the US) have long waiting lists for those who want to legally immigrate and work, with longer and longer wait periods often due to estimate of illegal immigration numbers.

Quote:
Quote:
A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers to help carry a woman's groceries. Is he a good Samaritan or is he after something else?
I had stopped at a Pathmark grocery store in a sketchy neighborhood, and a suspicious-looking man began walking alongside me, insistent upon helping me with my bags. He ignored my polite, increasingly firm "thanks, but no thanks" statements, and the closer we got to my vehicle, the more nervous I became.

Ultimately, I did what Gavin suggested. I yelled at the man, loudly and angrily: "I said, no! Get the hell away from me". That caught the attention of other people in the parking lot, and the guy cursed at and threatened me before walking quickly away. Whew!
You were quite lucky - here, they just grab your purse while driving by in a car (often dragging their victims) and sometimes just shoot the person in their car first (including one off-duty cop, waiting on his wife to come out of the store).

At one of the last bookstores in the area (thanks publishers for destroying Borders!), there is often a little ring of gas beggars running around, with their can, trying to get money for gas (with various excuses of where they need to go, are from, etc). Same guys, every time -- and when the cops come, their car seems to have enough gas to leave in each time, as well. There are always a few suckers that give them money, which is why they keep up the same con every day (and in different store lots, you get different cons ... but surely most know it is a con, when they have the same story each day?). Most of them won't try to steal outright, due to the large number of people around, but others will and you never know which is which (unless you recognize the "regulars").
Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm seeing The Gift of Fear at $0.99 at http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavi...a+gift+of+fear Nonetheless, I highly recommend it.
. . . .
My mistake.

I bought the book myself. I went back and checked what I paid for it, and the price was $0.99, not $0.00. I remember it being late at night when I posted it, and that probably had lots to do with me making the mistake.

I used to be a lark and not a night owl, but something (what I don't know) has happened in the last few years that has caused that to flip-flop. But, I think that I have not become a night owl yet where my mental functioning is concerned!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #29
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
America's Forgotten History, part 2: Rupture - $1.50
http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Forgo...dp/B003GXEU1S/

Freelance Writing Revealed - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Freelance-Writ...dp/B00KMH1JME/

Stephen Curry - $2.99
http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Curry-...dp/B00JLXM9J2/

The Card - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/The-Card-Micha...dp/B000R3NN8G/

The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits - $2.99
http://www.amazon.com/The-Daily-Entr...dp/B00OVFLU90/

Kindle Paperwhite Users Manual - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Paperwhite-Use...dp/B00J351A2A/

How to Start a Blog That People Will Read - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/START-BLOG-THA...dp/B00BFNE0N4/

Explosive Social Media Marketing - free
http://www.amazon.com/Social-Media-M...dp/B00H7MDD4O/

500 Best WordPress Plugins - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-WordP...dp/B00SNM5BVK/

Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers - $2.99
http://www.amazon.com/Traction-Start...dp/B00N06Y2DW/

31 Steps to Startup Success - free
http://www.amazon.com/31-Steps-Start...dp/B00T0JU0VQ/

Bringing Down the House - $1.99
http://www.amazon.com/Bringing-Down-...dp/B000FBJGL8/

Make Amazon Work for You Using Amazon FBA - $2.99
http://www.amazon.com/Make-Amazon-Us...dp/B00S1SMSW6/

Men at Work - George Will - $2.99
http://www.amazon.com/Men-Work-The-C...dp/B003GYEGYS/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #30
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

No, No, No, No, No, Yes. Highly-Rated, Free (at the Moment) Self-Improvement Book.

I, for one, am glad that we have this thread now--it allows us to post some excellent self-published books, like this one (based on the high rating), that we didn't have a way to post before.

No, No, No, No, No, Yes. Insights From a Creative Journey: Motivation & Self-Improvement (Creative & Innovation series Book 1). By Gideon Amichay. Rated 4 1/2 stars, from 67 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $22.95; digital list price $2.99; Kindle price now $0.00. No, No, No, No, No, Yes, LLC, publisher. http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Insights-C...ries+Book+1%29.

Book Description
No is not the end...
But rather an essential tool for direction, motivation and innovation.

No, No, No, No, No, Yes is the perfect inspirational Christmas gift for that someone in your life embarking on a great new challenge. Whether they just graduated from college, are changing careers, have set out to achieve something in the arts or the business realm, or just aspire to do something seemingly impossible, No, No, No, No, No, Yes will help them see that the “no’s” they will confront are simply directions on the map to “yes”.

No. It is a word that every CEO, entrepreneur and creative professional has confronted. It is a word that both novices and seasoned professionals dread. It is a word that can easily seem like death to a dream.

And yet it is also a word that can point in the right direction. It is a word that motivates us to do something differently, try something else, get better, innovate, keep going. No is a word that looms over every business person's, innovator's, and artist's life. And yet the word is universally met with trepidation and fear because the value of being told No is so little understood.

˃˃˃ No is a facilitator
In
No, No, No, No, No, Yes. Insights From A Creative Journey, award winning creator of visionary ad campaigns (Cannes Lions, Clios); ad exec (the Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R agency); cartoonist (The New Yorker); speaker (TEDx); and teacher (School of Visual Arts) Gideon Amichay demonstrates that No is not a barrier to success it s a facilitator. No is not the end, but rather an essential tool for direction, motivation and innovation.

Based on Amichay's best-selling book in Israel (published by Gordon Books in 2011) and 2013 TEDx talk of the same name, No, No, No, No, No, Yes takes the reader on an illustrated journey of the author's own lifetime confrontation, negotiation and relationship with No . Walking the reader through critical No s in his own 25 year career pitching cartoons to the New Yorker, risky ad campaign concepts as head of one of Israel s biggest ad agencies, impossible outdoor ad installations -- Amichay reveals the wisdom that No rarely ends with an exclamation point.

˃˃˃ No ends with a comma
Rather, Amichay demonstrates that No usually ends with a comma:

No comma, we don't have the time. No comma, we don't have the budget. No comma, can we see another option? By discovering which No comma he was confronting, Amichay shows how No s in fact led him to eventual Yes s -- including the waiting, the rejections, and the revisions and demonstrates that No, forces us to reexamine, to explore, to rethink, to change directions, to get better.

˃˃˃ No can be the best answer to get
In No, No, No, No, No, Yes Amichay shares the essential revelation that sometimes No can be the best answer to get.

Through illuminating anecdotes from his own illustrious career running the gamut between business and the arts, Gideon Amichay demonstrates unequivocally that No's, whether from colleagues, from clients, from life, or from within have great power, and are simply directions on the map to Yes.

Authoritative, funny, whimsical, wise, and pragmatic,
No, No, No, No, No, Yes. Insights From A Creative Journey. is the essential companion for every executive, innovator and artist to navigate the unavoidable odyssey of No in order to find the eventual Yes.