Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
CBZ, CBR, ZIP or RAR file support?

Does anyone know if there is a firmware or hack used or available to be able ot read that file format for PRS-650? I want to use it mainly for my manga files
Hope someone can let me know please.

Thank you
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
Not natively, but Calibre by kovidgoyal
supports converting CBC, which is a collection of CBZ file and its table of contents, into EPUB file. The EPUB file is supported natively on the 650.

The conversion is straightforward and is explained more detailed in http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ok-collections
If you ever get some problem or just need to ask some questions, this thread can help.

And you can just convert your existing CBZs to EPUB right away if you don't want to make a CBC.

Last edited by lack; 11-30-2010 at 09:19 AM.
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks lack, so does that mean in the comics.txt I need to write one.cbz etc? Or do I rename the "comics" to the name of the comic or manga e.g. Naruto V1.txt
comics.txt
one.cbz
two.cbz
three.cbz
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

No need to rename the comics.txt

For example if you have already zipped your chapters as one.cbz, two.cbz, three.cbz, 004.cbz you want your comics.txt to look like:

one.cbz:Chapter one
two.cbz:Chapter two
three.cbz:Chapter three
004.cbz:Chapter four

Then you zip all four CBZs plus the comics.txt together, then rename it as cbc.

the reason why you would want to edit the comics.txt is because it is what Calibre will use as your TOC, so for the comics.txt above, after you transfer the book to your reader, the TOC will read

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four

Now I know I would want that to be something like:

Chapter 001 - Romance Dawn - The Beginning of the Adventures
Chapter 002 - That Boy The Straw Hat Wearing Luffy
Chapter 003 - Pirate Hunter Zoro' Enters
Chapter 004 - Marine Lieutenant 'Axe Arm Morgan'
Chapter 005 - Pirate King and the Great Swordsman
Chapter 006 - First Person
Chapter 007 - Friend
Chapter 008 - Nami Enters

Last edited by lack; 12-01-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Messed up the threads ><
Old 12-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
lack
Zealot

wups sorry I was thinking that I was in a different thread...

I posted this vbscript to do the work for you if you already had a good structured directories of manga.
See this thread

Last edited by lack; 12-01-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Just realized I was in a different thread
Advert