Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #466
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
i would love those incredible firmware guys to start consider creating flashing tools also for os x and linux
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #467
armanleftarm
armanleftarm began at the beginning.

Device: KPW1
Desparately need notifications on this phone, can somebody help?
armanleftarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:39 AM   #468
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Would it be better to get this phone from a third party seller on Amazon or a known china shop like CET ? The latter doesn't offer returns if I remember correctly and amazon is a pretty safe bet.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #469
janbenes1
janbenes1 began at the beginning.

Device: HA2
Spotify on lock screen?

Hello. Does anyone have spotify on lock screen? In my settings there is no lock screen notifications. How to do it?
janbenes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #470
jsp56
jsp56 began at the beginning.

Locked out - ooops

Hi,

I wondered if I could ask for a spot of advice for how to use my international version Hisense A5? I have got in a bit of a muddle.

I bought the phone because LED lights give me headaches, and so I can't use a regular smartphone. However, I can't seem to use this screen either, because it gives me headaches too (oops). However, I have been getting on just fine for about a year, using it mirrored to my PC screen via scrcpy. (Mainly for sending text messages and uploading lateral flow tests.) So far so good.

Anyway, today I pushed the boat out and let my son use it (he's 11), as he was keen to have a go. The first thing that the phone did when we messed around on it a bit, was to ask us to put in a pin and we gave it 8888.

Unfortunately just after that, somehow it got locked, and asked for a 6-digit pin, and we have tried loads of different combinations of 4 digit and 6 digits pins, covering everything that I might ever have used, and none of them works. We are now locked out.

Unfortunately I now can't get it to mirror to my PC screen either so my son is battling to try to solve it (double ooops).

He tried doing the factory reset instructions here:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/hisense/hisense-a5/

but at step 5 he gets a menu of three options in Chinese which all lead to other menus in Chinese, and we are not sure which options to choose. I wondered if anybody might be able to help?

Thanks so much for reading!

Jennifer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	190010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	190012  

Last edited by jsp56; 11-03-2021 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Images didn't attach.
jsp56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:59 PM   #471
jsp56

We managed to translate the menus online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	english.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	190013   Click image for larger version

Name:	erase.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	190014  
Old 11-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #472
jsp56

Oh, that got us nowhere. It just has the white "Hisense" screen now.
Old 11-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #473
carlo.z.duardo
carlo.z.duardo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Hisense A5 Pro
Unhappy This happens to me too!! Hisense A5 Pro (not CC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
You supposedly bought an A5 with an allegedly international ROM and/or gapps on aliexpress. This is a hacked ROM that simply can't be upgraded.

I went through the same situation and finally resorted to replace the hacked ROM with an official one that allows for normal upgrades.

A short description from where to download and how to replace the hacked ROM with an official one is here:

www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4033951&postcount=419

The process proved to be rather straighforward and painless to me.

Good luck.

This happens to me too, but my phone is the A5 Pro. Do you know where I can download the software?, but my phone is the A5 Pro. Do you know where I can download the software? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Model: HLTE203T
Software Version: L1732.6.09.02.ML

carlo.z.duardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #474
jsp56

and then round back to the 6 digit numerial password window! Oh well.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:06 PM   #475
jsp56

and then round back to the 6 digit numerial password window! Oh well.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #476
jsp56

Hi,

I wondered if anybody would like to buy this locked phone from me? I'm going to give up and switch to an iPhone.

Please send a direct message if you would like to.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #477
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp56 View Post
I can't seem to use this screen either, because it gives me headaches too (oops).
Thanks for attaching the pictures. I was looking at these phones but now I realize that I'm definitely not interested. I also have headaches from glossy screens, because of the reflections. Ups, this phone has so high reflections, like a mirror, despite having e-ink. That completely beats the purpose/potential of it, at least for me.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 04:32 AM   #478
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Thanks for attaching the pictures. I was looking at these phones but now I realize that I'm definitely not interested. I also have headaches from glossy screens, because of the reflections. Ups, this phone has so high reflections, like a mirror, despite having e-ink. That completely beats the purpose/potential of it, at least for me.
It does come with an attached matte screen protector, though. I ordered a A5 Pro from Cect shop, but I think they have that on models from aliexpress, too.

It's certainly not glossy with the screen protector and I prefer the screen to my Onyx Nova 3 (matte screen, no screen protector).
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:51 AM   #479
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
I skimmed the last pages and a question came up to which I couldn't get a clear answer:

Which version is the one to get especially if I want to use normal apps such as whatsapp, google maps etc?

The international version or the ENG/CHI version?

I am unclear because it seems the chinese version can be modified to run google play too? (And I dont mean 2accounts) and also people say the international version cannot be updated anymore? Very confusing
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #480
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamba66 View Post
I skimmed the last pages and a question came up to which I couldn't get a clear answer:

Which version is the one to get especially if I want to use normal apps such as whatsapp, google maps etc?

The international version or the ENG/CHI version?

I am unclear because it seems the chinese version can be modified to run google play too? (And I dont mean 2accounts) and also people say the international version cannot be updated anymore? Very confusing
I have the A5 Pro, which only has the ENG/CHI version. You can use almost any normal apps on it, including messaging apps. The one problem that you might encounter is notifications (they won't show up on the lock screen except for the native apps). I have all notifications turned off anyway, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

You cannot install the Google Maps app, but people report that it functions just fine using a web browser. I use OsmAnd, which works great.

The Google Play version of the A5 cannot be updated and has some bugs, and I wouldn't recommend it for security reasons.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote