Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-22-2023, 06:21 AM   #226
Aki
Aki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki View Post
Anyone willing to help me with how to set up this device (uninstalling the apps, installing ULauncher, etc.)? I am trying to follow the GitHub directions but can’t get adb (from the ask platform tools download) to open for some reason .
Edit: I’m able to follow all instructions on this site here (https://github.com/philips/inkpalm-5-adb-english) up until trying to install an English Launcher. Seems my device is recognized, as it responded when I tested changing the language. That’s all I could do though. I also can’t uninstall the apps for some reason. Please help.
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 08:37 AM   #227
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki View Post
I also can’t uninstall the apps for some reason.
Well, you're disabling apps. You can't uninstall system apps through ADB.
Is it permission problems? Please quote what it says.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 03:59 AM   #228
tudoapampa
tudoapampa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 7th gen / Inkpalm 5 / Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Using koreader it is possible.
I insisted on this question because I’m still using kindle app and found it: an small app called “setorientation.apk”, installed on inkpalm and it forces landscape on all apps, very useful! Now I can read kind app on landscape
tudoapampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 04:14 PM   #229
Arconte
Enthusiast
Arconte began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx TUC
Isn't just better to buy a eInk phone and have all the functionality it comes with it? Even a second hand one, being the old Yotaphone2 or any Hisense. Don't understand those really small eInk limited devices
Arconte is offline   Reply With Quote